Christian Runners

Simplicity (Read 3 times)

Joe1775

Enjoyed a nice, simple 8 miles on the trail today.  A light rain brought out the bright green of Spring and helped make this a very peaceful run.

Recently I've gotten a lot of emails with ads for buying this or that new running something or other.  New shoes, water bottles, GPS watches, you name it.  I've been running for years, and doing quite well.  All of this stuff looks nice, but I like to keep things simple.  Just put on a pair of shoes and run.  That's all I did this morning and I could not have enjoyed it more.

My devotion this morning comes from Mark 7.  The Jewish leaders were upset because Jesus and the disciples didn't "wash" before eating.  This has nothing to do with hygiene, and everything to do with religious law.  Jesus teaches that all these external things mean nothing.  True worship comes from the heart.  It doesn't get any more simple than that.

So, I will continue to run as my heart leads, and worship my Lord the same.  I love simplicity, I love running, and I love Him!