Christian Runners

Rest day (Read 8 times)

Joe1775

Today is a scheduled rest day.  I happen to be off work too - bonus!!

I'm spending the day doing a few chores, and studying the parable of the sower.  I little time meditating on my heart and removing weeds, with the Father's help, to make sure I have good soil to continue to grow in.

A peaceful Friday wish to all!

Hi, Joe -

My name is Leslie.  I'm happy to have found you and pray God will send more folks this way.

A little bit about me:

I live in the far reaches of Northern California, behind the redwood curtain.  I've been running for about 7 years, and am an avid trail runner (okay, I freely admit I am a trail snob Wink ), with most of my races run at the 50k distance.  I'm slowly moving into the 50 mile range, and it if weren't for being sidelined for about 6 weeks now with Achilles tendonitis, I'd be training for my 3rd 50 miler in 3 years.  Unfortunately, the race is in July, so I don't see it happening. Cry

In 2011, my husband and I went through a major personal issue that rocked us to the core.  We have since worked hard to turn our lives around and get ourselves back on track, and I am very proud to say that on April 21, my husband celebrated 2 years of sobriety.  Also just as significantly, we have gotten ourselves back into church and have turned our lives back over to God - me for the first time in 24 years, him for the first time ever, and I cannot begin to describe the numerous blessings God has showered upon us.  We still struggle with ramifications of what happened two years ago, but with God and, for my husband -sobriety, we can make it through anything.

Thank you for starting this forum.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Joe1775

Leslie - nice to meet you!

I can sure associate with life hitting hard.  It wasn't that long ago that my life was shaken and I had to stop and think.  I couldn't keep going the way I was.  I prayed, and I listened.  I started a daily devotion, and daily reading of my Bible.  I decided to listen only to Christian music, and inspirational TV/Movies.  I grew in my prayer life and have found a wonderful direction by letting the Holy Spirit guide me.  It's been a remarkable change.  I finally know my purpose in life and have never been happier!

In January I decided to dedicate all that I do to the Lord as it is He who blesses me so I can accomplish what I do.  In April I ran a half marathon.  Before the start I prayed with my wife that no matter what happened I would give God the glory when I crossed the finish line.   I ended up setting a PR by 11 minutes, and won the race!!  I took only a few moments to catch my breath before I, very loudly, told everyone how my race was dedicated to God and just how well I had run that day!

I keep thinking on how I can continue to share this and other blessings.  I use runningahead to track my daily runs, etc... and decided to start this forum as a way to share the blessings God has given to me.  It's amazing, and I just can't keep quiet about it!

Congrats on the PR and win, Joe.  With God, anything is possible.  I never understood how following the Lord affects every single aspect of life until I rededicated myself to Him in 2011.  The difference in our lives now compared to then is literally turning the dark into light, and we haven't looked back.  That's not saying we don't still have bumps along the way, but by turning to God, those bumps are much more tolerable.

I rarely ever have my radio off the station that broadcasts CSN - The Christian Satellite Network - and love listening to Pastor David McGee on my way home in the evenings.  I don't listen exclusively to Christian music, but I'd say it's 95% of my daily music choice.  And for the first time I can remember, I am reading my Bible on a daily basis.  I don't understand everything, but I do my best and am thoroughly enjoying myself in that regard.

Have a great weekend, and again, thank you for starting this forum ~

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance