Christian Runners

workin' it out on the trail (Read 1 times)

Joe1775

So, I'm gearing up for the Cacapon 12 hour trail challenge, which goes on a 5 mile loop course.  I have a local course that's a 5 mile trail loop that I took on yesterday to work out how I want to take this challenge on.

First off, with in 1 mile I ran into the race directors for the Cacapon challenge. Ha!  This is not the same course for the challenge.  That's about an hours drive away, and I do plan on going down to run that course on July 5th.  Anyway, it was good to see them and chat briefly.

Second, in the last mile of this loop takes you by the lake beach and picnic area.  Lots of folks grilling and eating yummy food!  I thought of doing a grab and dash, but didn't feel like running that fast. J/K!!

Well, lap one was great but a little fast.  Lap 2 and 3 were comfortable as I had finally settled my pace down.  Lap 4 started great, then got tough with 2 miles to go.  I ran out of water with 1.5 miles to go...ugh.... ended up walking the last 1/2 mile as it was 2pm and HOT!  I didn't want to over do things.

Today I'm not sore, leg wise.  I have done a lot of thinking about my hydration plan.  I have a better idea of what I'll need to do this.  I will hit this loop trail once more, and then the actual course once to work a few more things out.  I've never done a challenge like this before, and am very much looking forward to it!