Circle North

Caribou Marathon (Read 14 times)

There has been some discussion about this marathon in September for those that need a last minute qualifier.  http://www.cariboumarathon.com/

It's truly a last minute marathon since it may not even qualify you for 2017, or it may possibly get you into 2017 & 2018, depending on when Boston registration begins.  In 2015, registration for this past marathon started on September 14th, therefore you could run a qualifying marathon the following weekend through the 20th and still register in week 2.  The prior year, however, opening day was September 9th, so the last day to run a qualifier and get in would be the following Sunday, September 15th.  2013 registration began on September 10th.

So then, it remains to be seen whether or not the Caribou race on September 18th would get you in for 2017.  Opening day registration has historically been on the 2nd or 3rd Monday of September, so provided it doesn't start until Monday, September 12, then this marathon will still qualify you.  BAA should announce the dates in about a month.

Just wanted to generate some interest and get everyone ready for another possible group marathon.  FYI, there is no way in hell I'm running another one until 2017.  Far as I can tell, the following people may still be in need of a qualifier:

Andy (depends on VCM result)

Fro (depends on VCM result)

Gwen

Cremer

Doug

Rob

Curcio

Gadman

Jimbo

Laurie

Dick L (make a comeback?)

Let's make 2017 the biggest Boston group yet!

Fro

Very much could be in if the weekend weather holds true - sounds like an interesting race regardless. Could be a fun road trip.

Fro

Egad - don't see your name in there. Come now, join us as we chase down that damn beast with a horn on its head!

L Train

Ha, I have completely disappeared from radar.  Probably appropriate all things considered.

Boston is a been there done that for you. Who cares...for some, Boston isn't even on the radar. Just ask flash the next time your up his ass at which point, you can rub it in.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

Just ask flash the next time your up his ass at which point, you can rub it in.

Thinking that ride on Weds. may have been a one-time event.  Plus, ew.  

Ya, your name almost appeared on the list but I didn't want to be presumptive.  Not sure what your pursuits are these days.  But then again, running marathons is so satisfying and enjoyable, so you should do it.

Ha, I have completely disappeared from radar.  Probably appropriate all things considered.