Circle North

Logs (Read 418 times)

L Train

TMI Greg_C.  I guess that makes three of us bleeding today.

"Beep, Beep!"

I hope in the end it will be behind you soon!Big grin

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

great week mancub57!!

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

New all time record 84 mile week . 9-6 thru 9-12.

L Train

Greg_C 24.2 Mi 3:15:17
            rcuch 24.2 Mi 3:15:57
            L Train 0 Mi 0:00

Boo.

My salty dogs

Greg_C 24.2 Mi 3:15:17
              rcuch 24.2 Mi 3:15:57

L Train 0 Mi 0:00

Boo.

Great job--- this will pay off.  Big fat 0 for my weekend.  Training starts next Sunday I guess.

i think i'm coming down with something.

that's great.....stay away from me slick! Wink 

L Train

Just noticing this 3:10 reference in your tagline.  Huh.  If you are gonna do that then it has to be 3:09Tight lippedx there OCD monster. 

so THAT'S where it was floating.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

My salty dogs

I see some nice work going on. This is the time to listen and heed any warnings from your body don't let the miles over shadow the goal. Stay healthy is #1 from here on out. Maybe some speed mile repeats or some 1/4 mile hill repeats.
                      L Train

This is the time to listen and heed any warnings from your body don't let the miles over shadow the goal. Stay healthy is #1 from here on out.

Only a little more than a week of big boy training (even though I've been missing my mileage goals anyway).  Then it's cut the volume/keep the intensity.

My salty dogs

"After a taper and with 5 Gus and gatorade during the race, would I have 6.2 more in me? I'd like to think so.".... LH

Nice running today! Ya'all are awesome. 

Keep a gel for mile 22, that is when you brain will need the extra cals.

My salty dogs

What are the odd that Lance and I both ran in our new Kinvara's for the first time today!  Cool.

I love mine but they might be too minimal for others. I suggest using them once a week for short runs but they will be my everyday shoes.

They are perfect for a mid-or-whole foot strike.   

On another note---- rest/recovery isn't a 6 mile run after a 20 miler followed by a double with HM pace involved.  You have come too close to hurt yourself now with over training. Double duty now is insanity and borderline obsessive. My opinion, but I'm worried and staying heathy should be #1 at this point.  Stress fractures happen about this time in some people's training due to over doing it.  Over 40 runners need extra time for healing between tough workouts - or "snap, crackle, pop- without much warning. 

You will never see a benefit from that double workout being so close to your long run-- but it could cost you the marathon.

L Train

Double duty now is insanity and borderline obsessive.

Greg and I laughed at this part this morning.  I'd say the three of us (including Robin) crossed that bridge about 3 months ago. 

But you did convince me to bag the speedwork.  We ran easy instead.  Recovery has really been OK, and I think the mileage build has just made me capable of handling more than I used to.  I'm going to get a decent week of miles here, but nothing spectacular in the last real week of training, and I'm not even going long this weekend (racing a HM instead).  So I'm trying to be smart, even though the obsessive side of me is feeling angst about cutting myself short this last weekend.  Cutting too much this far out seems like it will leave me with dulled edges, so my taper will be pretty gradual. 

On another note---- rest/recovery isn't a 6 mile run after a 20 miler followed by a double with HM pace involved.  You have come too close to hurt yourself now with over training. Double duty now is insanity and borderline obsessive. My opinion, but I'm worried and staying heathy should be #1 at this point.  Stress fractures happen about this time in some people's training due to over doing it.  Over 40 runners need extra time for healing between tough workouts - or "snap, crackle, pop- without much warning. 

You will never see a benefit from that double workout being so close to your long run-- but it could cost you the marathon.

this wasn't for me but it scared the hell out of me anyways.