Circle North

Logs (Read 418 times)

Hmmm, nothing jumps out in your log. Time for new shoes?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

+1

My feet get sore too, mainly because my form sucks, if I try to get much more than 400m or so out of shoes (and I rotate 2 pairs at a time as well).

What was I chasing again?

Home Away From Home

Brand new, just got them last week. 

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Maybe that is the problem.  I got a defective pair of shoes last year at about this time and didn't realize the shoe was defective until 2 doctor visits later.  I pulled the insole out and found a manufacturing defect where the bruising in my foot was.  Just a thought.

Home Away From Home

I'll pull the insole and take a look but just finished a 9 miler, still just a bit sore but no where near the past 2 days. I think I should be Ok pretty soon. Now just have to make up those lost miles again.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

I'll pull the insole and take a look but just finished a 9 miler, still just a bit sore but no where near the past 2 days. I think I should be Ok pretty soon. Now just have to make up those lost miles again.

I would definitely not recommend "making up miles".  You will not have lost too much in the past week or so.  You're better off easing back into it and proceeding as normal.

Home Away From Home

Making up is a relative term, I am not talking going 90m this week.  Just a mile or 2 more then usual a few times a week.  Maybe go 4-5 more then planned. Can't go to hard this week anyway, have a race on sunday.

MM#5768

L Train

Can't go to hard this week anyway, have a race on sunday.

Uh-oh.

Home Away From Home

Uh-oh.

What is that supposed to mean?

MM#5768

L Train

It means that I am running hard this week (though a little less hard) and I have a race on Sunday.  Your post made me question that a bit. 

Home Away From Home

It is just a half, I plan on giving it a good effort and all don't get me wrong but I don't really want to take a huge taper week to rest up for it. I will back off thurs, fri, sat and take it easy.  Besides, last week ended up a 40 miles which is my lowest in awhile and this week will top at around 60 so even that is not crazy.  I feel good and think I can still do well weather depending. They say chance of snow that morning.

MM#5768

Home Away From Home

Well for all who have noticed, I have dropped off the face of the earth.  In reality, I have had a bit of a set back.  I guess with you all I can be honest.  i have had some long, hard days at work, the thought of running after them seemed impossible, the thought to get up early to try to run before work as never really worked for me.  The days I could have run, I guess I started to like the fact I didn't have to go run for an hour and half and I could just watch TV.  I became depressed, I knew I should be running but didn't really want to.  I ate to much, started to feel like shit and watched the scale number get bigger. I knew I should do something but it was hard to get myself going after working all day. 

I am hoping today is turn around day.  I had a small breakfast, salad for lunch, feeling good and not like I ate a whole bunch of shit.  Don't know what I will feel like today when I get out  there, probably some form of ass as I have to burn off the extra weight and caloric junk in my system and get my body back into it again. I am hoping a nice 8-9 might feel passable.

I have another truth to admit, I didn't even look at RA my whole time, why, I think part of my depression was knowing how i wasn't keeping up with you all, how I was slacking while you all continued to work your jobs and run anyway. there was a sense of you seeing my empty log everyday and saying what the hell is this SLACKER doing.

The thought of trying to slowly crawl back uphill to get my mileage back to something decent and get back to at least holding even with my 3,000 for the year seems unsermountable but I know I can do it, it is only march. I don't even know how far behind I am, should I figure it out, well, give me a second and I will see, for 2,500 I am 13.6 behind and for 3,000 I am 104.6 behind.  A mile a day extra takes me 3.5 months to pull even. I know I can do it faster then that, especially with being home in a few weeks but still it will be a month and a half maybe? who knows.

Well, hopefully I am back, I am tired of feeling bloated, fat, lazy and all else that comes with not running for my longest stretch in god knows how long.  I think I am more pissed with myself then anything for just being lazy and not running anyway but once you set your mind it is easier to not run it is tough to break that sometimes and get back out there.

Hope you all still stand behind me.  There are times I have to admit your friendship and support is helpful and I think this is one of those times I was glad I could come here and face you with the truth, I knew you would not judge me.

See you all around the end of the first week or April or there abouts.

MM#5768

"Beep, Beep!"

Hey Michael I think we have all been there, and some may be there with you now. It's a bit of a burn out, and certainly tougher for you without the group smack talking to keep you going! Can you try riding or other exercise for awhile... It will help. Hope to see you soon. TD

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

The thought of trying to slowly crawl back uphill to get my mileage back to something decent and get back to at least holding even with my 3,000 for the year seems unsermountable but I know I can do it, it is only march. I don't even know how far behind I am, should I figure it out, well, give me a second and I will see, for 2,500 I am 13.6 behind and for 3,000 I am 104.6 behind.  A mile a day extra takes me 3.5 months to pull even. I know I can do it faster then that, especially with being home in a few weeks but still it will be a month and a half maybe? who knows.

My 2 cents... Forget everything in the above paragraph for now. Make it smaller. Just go do one run. The next day, do another one. Aaaaaand repeat... Don't think about big goals right now, focus on the little day to day ones that will get you off the couch and out the door. We're all slugs from time to time. It's no big thing, just get back at it. You just ran a very nice PR a few weeks ago, and you haven't lost all that fitness by any stretch of the imagination. You'll be fine.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Home Away From Home

I agree with you Greg M. on the 1 day at a time for now, just get back into it. I know I haven't lost much and can regain it back with a little work.  I appreciate more then anything hearing the support. it will help me get back on my feet. Had a good run today, 9+ miles so it is a good start to starting over. 

MM#5768