Circle North

Mountain Raid - Sunday River Oct 2012 (Read 120 times)

Home Away From Home

All-
    I am signing up for hte Mountain Raid on October 7th, there is a 4-mile and 12-mile trail run and a 4 mile obstacle course. I am going to do the 12-miler and the obstacle course I think. Allycia's mom and our lot are about 15 minutes from Sunday river so I was going to invite everyone who runs back to the place for some grilling and beer, and if you want, can even camp on our lot for the night. 

check it out, here is the website: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Introducing-Your-Next-Adventure---The-Mountain-RAID-.html?soid=1101602572986&aid=ZHgxSBbD6t4

MTA: Sign up completed, saved $25 too for singing up for both the 12-miler and the obstacle.  Lets make ot a group run, sign up, good hill training with cold beverages to follow.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

L Train

Hmmm.  Let me give this some thought.  Honestly, my initial thought is no for me, with Philly so close and with other races scheduled close to that time that will have me leaving home.  But I'll stew on it a little. 

Home Away From Home

Hmmm.  Let me give this some thought.  Honestly, my initial thought is no for me, with Philly so close and with other races scheduled close to that time that will have me leaving home.  But I'll stew on it a little. 

With Philly so close it is like 6 weeks after, plenty of time, it is 12 miles, suck it up, you are training to run 26, what is 12, even if it has a few hills.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

L Train

With Philly so close it is like 6 weeks after, plenty of time, it is 12 miles, suck it up, you are training to run 26, what is 12, even if it has a few hills.

Ha, yeah.  I meant more that trail running while marathon training is dangerous for me.  It's tough on my body in a rolled ankle/twisted knee/plantar fasciitis inducing kind of way.  I'll have too much invested by then. 

Perhaps I'm just a pansy (shut up Cremer). 

Home Away From Home

I won't hold it against you L, you guys are certainly training harder then I am able to. Philly will get more training the Sugarloaf did but not by much.

MM#5768