Circle North

rcuch awards (Read 19 times)

for the newbies in the group this is something i do every year in some form that appeals to me and it all started with me recieving a straight jacket. the "of the year" awards are no longer circle north awards. i changed it to rcuch awards cause...i had to.

so for 2014 i have 3.

2 are for winning a race outright;

the "california chrome award" (s) go to

egad for some grandparent 5k and lawrunner for the sanford tt 10k

1 is my (blank) of the year;

the rcuch runner of the year goes to

acrosby

don't get too excited...it's not a million dollars.

if i missed anyone for the derby award please message me. i can not award what i can not read and by turning yourselves off, you run the risk of getting missed.

not sure how i'll give these to you. next thurs i am going for a wings fill at trains at 4-5pm and i could give them then if you go. or another time somewhere else. or i can just bring it to your house even. or the y. or drop it off in a mailbox. anyways, i'll figure it out.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Mine from past years are displayed with pride.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

I think Tall Dave was robbed again.   Several PRs this year and 3 races that I recall where he won his division including Maine Coast Marathon & Portland Half with respectable fields.  Another BQ as well.  Sorry Egad & Greg.  Tall Dave gets my vote for runner of the year.  Not that this is a democracy.

What was I chasing again?

hmmm...this is exactly why i changed the name of this prize robbie. it is not a democracy.  the year award goes to the ONE person that impresses me the most that year on a consisant basis. it has absolutely nothing to do with WCRC or CN or any other person, group or club but me and there is not a person in or involved anywhere that is going to argue that...or even can given what this girl has accomplished this year.

for the record i shut off all ability to post to this thread and as you can see, by having shields handed out to all, this was over ridden apparently or whatever. maybe i should keep my shit discreet...i almost did...i probably should...now i will.

anyways. the deserving will receive...the end.

Double ironman must score points. Give the award to yourself.

Fro

I agree - thinking about finishing a double ironman just makes me ache!! WOW

Suck ups. 

What was I chasing again?

ACrosby

Well I am just now catching up with things, don't know how I missed this. I am flattered Robin. Thank you. Not sure I want what you have to give me, but curiously I do. ha

don't worry sweet cheeks...it won't explode.

ummm...ya short notice. going to trains around 5ish in case anyone wants a cheap fill. and as for the prizes, i'll keep them in my car and when i see ya, you'll get them. egad...i may give yours to kim or front desk at y. lawrunner...i sometimes see tina at spin at y or maybe i'll put in your mailbox. and ally, i always see at y. there you go.

Great, thank you!  I've always wanted to be a part of your awards ceremony.  Wish I ran into you more, but Kim would gladly keep it for me until the next time I am at the Y.

GregM

Thanks, Cuch. Tina just gave me my award.  If I'm not mistaken that's a donkey with the "California Chrome Award" on its back.  Two questions:  1) Is there some symbolism or meaning in the donkey?  And 2) what is meant by "California Chrome" etymologically speaking?

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

L Train

Just be happy you aren't barbaro.

GregM

Oh, and let me add:

I wholly agree with your choice of Alicia as the runner of the year, as I would not expect you to give yourself that award even though you are deserving of it.  Who else in the group has run, or even thought of running a double Iron?  Some would say you'd have to have a screw loose to do that, but we know better.  Well, maybe not.  As for Tall Dave, I cannot disagree that he is also deserving.  Heck, what he is doing at 61 (will be 62 tomorrow) is amazing.

ha...it's a horse lawrunner. it's the same color as california chrome. california chrome is the horse that won the kentucky derby this year. so who ever wins a race recieves a prize of the like of the horse that wins that years kentucky derby. that's how you know what year you won your race in. lance's aint right cause i was calling him barbaro way before he won his. shells is wrong cause i was thinking of other things significant. i think i gave you a spike one year so that's wrong too.

anyways i like this new format and i think i'll keep it this way.

sorry egad...now you know what you're getting. haha!

oh and i got my prize in 2010. remenber the straight jacket? happy hill farm? that makes me ineligible for any prizes forever.

GregM

So now everyone knows I don't follow the Kentucky Derby.  Oh well.  I do still have that golden railroad spike which you gave me for winning the inaugural Rail Trail 5k.  Thanks again for that.  Pretty cool of you to do that and your other awards.