Circle North

Classic Quotes from Circle North Runners (Read 517 times)

"Beep, Beep!"

Hey all, why not reflect back on this amazing year of PR's and add some of your favorite quotes from the CN logs... Happy New Year

"I'm not cocky or stupid enough to say Sunday's desired outcome is a given, but... I'm ready."

-Greg_C.

"That was one long ass recovery right there but splashing in the puddles and mack truck power washes were fun. and the downpours took me back to a time were i was happily doing less. heh, never more. Recoveries really shouldn't be 20 miles long so i'm callin it green."

- RCuch

"Mentioned to greg about 0.2 miles into the tempo that my body just didn't want to do this, he said maybe you should listen to it."

-LTrain

"Thanks again Robin for pulling me along... I'm such a sucker! Smile"

-Tall Dave

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

L Train

on the way home i'm standing there suckin a sustain down while i was gettin gas and i hear daze say, "ardria's gonna be pissed." my gulp went down the wrong pipe and i coughed uncontrolably for like 2 minutes.

Group run. Small group. Silly hot. Dog tired. Want beer. The end.

This race had everything good and bad about running all in one shot. It was totally painful yet fun. It was everything you can't explain to somebody who doesn't run. I'm really happy with the outcome, even with the stinging 6 second defeat by Lance.

ran with the boys (and salty) and that always gives me a reason to boost the effort level. i have to be honest though, i expected more out of both of them today and was disappointed in the slog that they displayed. they just let me go. gave up. called it day. fin. unacceptable boys ;-) outah watah so no showah! mothah fuckah!

After getting home Cremer came in about a minute or so later... but after 10 minutes Rick had still not come back. I ran backout 1 mile looking for him with no luck. I even asked a bike rider coming from that direction if they saw a runner... no luck. Since we were all together on the Bragdon Rd I figured Rick must have missed the turn for Perry Oliver. Cremer and I drove around and even went toward North Berwick on Rte 9 - No Rick. we tried a bunch of side roads... No Rick. No we are getting worried... did he get hurt, someone run him off the road... even alien abduction? We came back to the house and still no Rick. It is now about 40 minutes since I finished. I call Well PD and asked if a 911 came in on a runner? I give them the route we ran and a description of Rick. They inturn call Sanford and we now have an APB on Ricky! Cremer and I go back out again driving the course andthis time head all the way into N Berwick. No Rick. We drive 4 miles up Rte 4 to Country Club 3 and there about 1/2 mile ahead is Ricky walking. He had missed the Perry Oliver and ended up walking an additional 7 miles - without water. Rick's total for the day 13 run - 7 walk, me 15.8 running plus another 2.2 miles running back for Rick... and about 15 miles of driving.

So my strategy is... Taper all summer and start running three weeks before the marathon!

Interesting fact... This is the second run in the span of one week where I have inadvertently eaten a bug. At least this one was small. The first one dive bombed the back of my throat like a Titleist and stopped me in my tracks.

From the Y w/ Lance & Robin. Just about perfect conditions. This was actually really good, despite not being at all what I intended it to be. Was set up to be 10 miles, w/ Lance doing 5 of them fast, Robin doing, well, I don't know what her plan was, and me sort of plodding along behind slowly. Turned into essentially a progression run. When they took off I fell into roughly sub MP which felt okay so I decided to keep it up and not let them get too far ahead. Then it got a little faster bit by bit. Eventually caught Robin, never caught Lance. It's interesting, it's like I was responding to peer pressure, except NOBODY was peer pressuring me but me. I need to watch that. (I liked this one because it sort of represented what last summer was for me)

So, yesterday I got home from work and got ready to run, very much going through the motions. I got all ready, went outside, and started to run. 27 seconds later, just down the block a ways, all of a sudden, without any forethought, I just said "NO". Out loud. To nobody. And I stopped, shut off my garmin, turned around, and went back home. (I remember actually laughing out loud at that one)

My track story, but I can't find it. 

"Beep, Beep!"

GOOD ONE... There needs to be a book of Robin quotes!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Then I took off my bra and had some gatorade (and 4 waters) and flooded Michelle's garage with my beautiful sweat. The only thing that would have made this better is if I haad broken out the bloody nips and dripped that all over the garage.

L Train: "Sorry my nipples are bleeding all over your garage, Richard and Michelle"
          Richard and Michelle (looking horrified and grabbing a mop and some sandbags) "It's OK L Train".

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

it was in the swamp slick..................

So, it's a beautiful day here in Maine, sunny in the 80s.  Back when I used to run up until a few weeks ago Thursday was my workout day.  I'm trying to get back into a routine and it is Thursday, so I decided to head down to the track in Sanford.  Before that I did a ~4 mile warm up, so I should have been ready to perform.  I need to mention that I was all set up for a good day - I had my orange sunglasses, swamp singlet, bright orange Launches with the red laces (Thanks Candice!) and my hair's a little too long.  In short, I'm looking good. 

I'm jogging a lap around the track thinking about what I'm going to do, and decide that I'll do 3x1600 with 400 rest, just something easy to get me started on this whole workout thing again. 

About 1/2 way around I noticed what looked like about 50 high school kids coming down the hill towards the track.  I started my workout anyway.  On my first lap, I see they are piling onto the track, taking up the whole width of it.  I run sort of through, sort of around, but I make it through the gauntlet.  On my second lap, I hear "Go!" and about half the group takes off. 

Well, "takes off" is a relative term, this is Maine after all.  Here are these kids, in their athletic prime, some so wide they are taking up 5 lanes all by themselves.  Some are walking, some sort of jogging.  I deduced that they were runiing timed 1600s for gym class.

So I spend the next 15 laps having a little fun.  I'd come up behind them and yell "Move it fatty!", or "Pick it up lardass!" or something else meant to be motivational.  I hooted and hollered all the way around the track 15 times (3 laps of rest) like a madman.  Every lap I'd pass the 250 pound coach and give her a little wink with a "How you doin?". 

When I finished, I ripped off my singlet to expose my beautiful milky body and yelled some more while jogging around the track.  Many of the kids were still out there.  When I was on the backstretch I started jogging backwards and several times yelled "WHAT NOW BITCHES!" back towards where the coach and other kids were. 

Then, when I got back to where the coach was after my cooldown and one more "How you doin?", I spied some actually rather attractive 15 YO girls, and you know who they were looking at.  That's right. 

And then they said "Nice job, sir".

Sir. 

What.

the.

fuck.

So, how can I improve on this so that doesn't happen in the future?  I thought I was doing everything right. 

On a side note, some fat kid asked me how many laps I had run.  I said 8 miles, so that was about 70 laps.  He whistled. 

The good news is when I got back, the Dow is down 300 points because Purdey and Jules can't get their shit together.  Fuck them. 

Carry on. 

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

Wow.  I used to be an a-hole.

Wow.  I used to be an a-hole.

now you're a fat a-hole.

"Beep, Beep!"

"just blew some serious chunks right there. wanted to do 10 laps of a pushed nature and i was fine till 8. then i ran out of breath, panicked and almost drown.

note to self....if you can no longah swim, you will die."

Cuch

"Beep, Beep!"

We have to note Michelle's famous quote referring to Greg McCullough "overdressing" when he runs.

"Whenever I see Greg, he makes me hot!" Smile

Home Away From Home

We have to note Michelle's famous quote referring to Greg McCullough "overdressing" when he runs.

"Whenever I see Greg, he makes me hot!" Smile

I like that one, you go Michelle

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

"Beep, Beep!"

Watching "how beer saved the world" on discovery channel. Awsome program!!... Loved this quote from Ben Franklin...

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"

"Beep, Beep!"

Why is it when you tell your non-running friends that you just bought a new pair of tights... they look at you strange!

Home Away From Home

Why is it when you tell your non-running friends that you just bought a new pair of tights... they look at you strange!

They just don't understand. Hell, Allycia doesn't understand, does Jane?

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

L Train

Posted this elsewhere just the other day:

Mrs. Train already thinks I'm crazy.  I asked if her if I could have some of her nylons today.  She said "sure" and told me where to find them.  20 minutes later I said "you didn't even question why I needed your nylons".  She said "I assumed they were for running".

They weren't.  They were to melt the god damn ice dam on my roof. 

But nice to know that she wouldn't even question me running in her panty hose. 

Posted this elsewhere just the other day:

Mrs. Train already thinks I'm crazy.  I asked if her if I could have some of her nylons today.  She said "sure" and told me where to find them.  20 minutes later I said "you didn't even question why I needed your nylons".  She said "I assumed they were for running".

They weren't.  They were to melt the god damn ice dam on my roof. 

But nice to know that she wouldn't even question me running in her panty hose. 

haha! look at the shit i miss.