Circle North

Cuch's Ghost Train Trail Run Support Page (Read 284 times)

"Beep, Beep!"

No better way to spend a B'day then on the trails with friends.

Allycia says, "You better have better ways to spend your birthday!" She says you are lucky she is being nice to you,

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Home Away From Home

Allycia says, "You better have better ways to spend your birthday!" She says you are lucky she is being nice to you,

I am lucky she is being nice, that is true, did she tell you though that she is trying to plan a bread class with 2 of her friends from college the day before and then have them sleep over so she is lucky she has me as well. Smile

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Robin,

Who-hoo!  There is nothing like anticipating and then running your first 100 miler.  

If you plan on 105 miles, then you can have a pacer for the entire race.  Bring as many pacers as you need.  I would prefer if you only kept one pacer with you during the race, but if you need extra motivation then go ahead and sneak an extra one in (especially during the long dark night).

See you on race day,
        Steve

looks like we're a go. however, just out of respect, it may be better to have only one pacer at a time. that is my thought there.

5 more miles. oof.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Home Away From Home

Your race and your wishes, my hopes though, 2 full laps of 15 to get 30 and then I would love to make the last 7.5 back with you, not only because it is the last lap but I am gonig for 37 miles on my 36 birthday.  I figur what is an extra mile if you are running an extra 5.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Home Away From Home

Cuch- Can you tell me if pacers have to register for your race or do we just run with no sign-up?

MM#5768

Home Away From Home

Cuch, I am member of the marathon maniacs and happened to notice a bunch are signed up for your ghost trails race. Pretty cool.

MM#5768

Cuch- Can you tell me if pacers have to register for your race or do we just run with no sign-up?

there is nothing saying so...and nothing in the registration process, so i would say no.

Cuch, I am member of the marathon maniacs and happened to notice a bunch are signed up for your ghost trails race. Pretty cool.

just sign up already and get it over with. it will cost you less than a dollar per mile if your age is what you wanted for mileage. 

do it...you know you want to. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it.

Home Away From Home

just sign up already and get it over with. it will cost you less than a dollar per mile if your age is what you wanted for mileage. 

do it...you know you want to. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it.

I think you are missing the point, I am not signing up to run, I am going to pace you as a support member, how can I pace you and run the race myself????  I promised to be there for you. I just want 36 miles of pacing and want to know if I have to pay to do it or not??

MM#5768

I think you are missing the point, I am not signing up to run, I am going to pace you as a support member, how can I pace you and run the race myself????  I promised to be there for you. I just want 36 miles of pacing and want to know if I have to pay to do it or not??

ok don't get mad.

i thought you wanted 37 miles? Wink

you don't have to pay, he would have told me during my bombardment  of questions and it would be on the site...it is a public trail anyways. 

i must thank you boys for this...i am really grateful that you will be there and giving me the best chance to succeed.

ok don't get mad.

please note the time of this post. i am awake...and i shouldn't be. and in the interest of full disclosure, i need to say something.

look...this is what i don't want and can't have cause it feels like i'm getting what i didn't want;

i can not be worried about who wants what.

i can not be worried about upsetting anyone cause someone isn't getting what they want.

i can not be worried about who is doing what when.

i can not be worried about how it is going to be for any one that for anyone at anytime.

i can not be worried about what this will cost anyone if something arises.

i can not lose ANY sleep over anything if this post upsets anyone even if you all decide to back out cause i've pissed you off in any way, shape or form.

this is all i know...and all i can worry about;

i signed up to do 100 miles starting on 10/28.

on race day, i will be running 7 15 mile out and backs.

i am flattered that you all want to be there to help but remember...i did NOT ask anyone for it...therefore it is not my job to accomedate<- anyone. you know this. i have said it from day one. and i'm already feeling pressured to please people.

i had to get this off my chest even if i upset someone and even if i am on my own.

i am going to bed now...good night.

L Train

Thank you for acknowledging that you understand that we all mean well.  It has to feel good to know that we all care enough to bug the shit out of you.  That said, what you wrote needed to be said.  You are right, you've been clear on this from the beginning.  No one's gonna get pissed, because you are just being honest, you've been clear on this, and it's us who have inserted ourselves into your dream.  The last thing you need is us causing you anxiety, and I could see how all that stuff does - much the same way that my family coming to Philly is going to cause me anxiety. 

Anyway, I'm still going.  I just think that we all should have these conversations (coordination of pacing, scheduling, planning, etc.) privately (messaging) vs. this thread.  This thread can be used for support, however we define that.  If we really need to ask a question, we'll do so here or in PM to you. Then we can let you know what our plan is when we've figured it out so you can approve or tweak as needed to fit your needs. 

Oh, and I think I'll be signing up; I think the RD almost suggested as much in one of his emails. I just don't want them to have to mess with recording me if I'm not starting until 12+ hours into the race.  But if that's what they would like, that's what I'm doing. 

Now get some sleep. 

(MTA: speaking of sleep, I just woke up.  WTF?)

L Train

Here's my support:

Home Away From Home

ok don't get mad.

i thought you wanted 37 miles? Wink

you don't have to pay, he would have told me during my bombardment  of questions and it would be on the site...it is a public trail anyways. 

i must thank you boys for this...i am really grateful that you will be there and giving me the best chance to succeed.

Not mad and never was mad and won't be mad.  Sometimes text doesn't always come across right.

Second, not pissed off at you fo rhte above either, like L, be honest.  We are all here to help you through this whether you ask for it or not, it would be wrong to let you go through this alone.  If you are feeling pressured, maybe you are taking to much to heart.  At this point I haven't seen much said but just a bunch of ideas we (Cremer, L, I) are just tossing around.  You worry about you and we will worry about us.   I don't think any of us where try to imply that you had to make any decisions or help us out with this. Maybe L had a point that just talking here is making it tough for you. In that case, we 3 can talk behind your back about you. Smile  I started this because getting on FB and emailing at work isn't always the easiest and this just seemed a quick way to correspond with everyone. No anxiety intended. OK, that is it from me.

I am there in the end no matter what.  thats what friends are for, through the thick and the thin.

MM#5768

L Train

Today's support: