Circle North

Philadelphia Marathon (Read 446 times)

L Train

Nope - none of us have ever run it.  I'm not sure how many of us have even ever been to Philly.  Helpful, I know.

So where is everyone? (Or will be)

Last Name First Name Bib Number Corral City State Gender Age Event T-Shirt
      Kaberle Robert 4781 3-Green Sanford ME M 42 Marathon ML

Maggie and I will be at the:

Sonesta Hotel

Address: 1800 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19103

Telephone: 1 (215) 561-7500

We will be down there on Friday Night. (Check out Monday.)

I plan to have my picture taken at the "Gate's of Hell" on Saturday as it seems appropriate to me.

If Dante ran a marathon, I could see him saying: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

What was I chasing again?

Home Away From Home

Lecompte Michael 2523 2-Black Sanford ME M 36 Marathon MM

Staying at 

Manayunk Terrace (The Petite Hotel)
        Address : 3937 Terrace Street
        Philadelphia (Pennsylvania), PA 19128

Our cells I can email if you want them.  

We are arriving Thursday, checking out Monday and sightseeing in between along with some running.   

Should we try to get together whoever is on town on Fri or Sat night?

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

L Train

L Train 2299 2-Black

(Back when I signed up I actually planned to train for this thing, as it stands, I should probably be green and will move back if possible to run with Buelah).

Hotel info

Not arriving until Saturday mid morning, staying until Weds. AM. 

Maybe I'll spend some time looking into options for a Saturday night dinner, thougfh I believe that I'd like to stay in town (I know many are out of town) and on the early side. 

Also, we should figure out post-race.  My first thoughts are to congregate in a bar somewhere immediately after, have about 17 beers, then go take a nap and regroup for dinner later.   

L Train 2299 2-Black

(Beaulah).

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Home Away From Home

Also, we should figure out post-race.  My first thoughts are to congregate in a bar somewhere immediately after, have about 17 beers, then go take a nap and regroup for dinner later.   

Sounds great, love it, lets make it happen.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

1611 2-Black

Gadbois Eric 7193 4-Gray Springvale ME M 35 Marathon ML

Anyone know if they usually will let you switch corrals?

You guys will be drinking beers by the time I cross the finish line.

L Train

1611 2-Black

Look at you all with your black bib and talking smack. 

L Train

Gadbois Eric 7193 4-Gray Springvale ME M 35 Marathon ML

Anyone know if they usually will let you switch corrals?

You guys will be drinking beers by the time I cross the finish line.

Don't know about corral switching.  My guess is that they would let people move back not up.  My guess also at this race is that the difference is not that significant - 5 minutes at the most I'll bet. 

Look at you all with your black bib and talking smack. 

I'm quite happy to be green.  It will probably prevent me from going out too fast and hopefully allow me to pass some people in the back half which will be motivating until some young prick sandbagging in grey cruises on by me.Big grin

@ LTrain... As I am also in town I would like to eat early on Saturday too.

@ Mike... My Hotel looks to have a large bar!  The Elephant & Castle Pub and Restaurant right inside. 

What was I chasing again?

Home Away From Home

@ Mike... My Hotel looks to have a large bar!  The Elephant & Castle Pub and Restaurant right inside. 

Sounds nice, maybe we can catch up there. 

I am definitely dropping back a coral or 2, I want to go slow, not sucked in to 3:00 pace.

MM#5768

L Train

Initial research:

Possibilities of places to go Saturday night (in town):

Maggianos - 12th and Filbert, Pompeii - 11th and Walnut, Varali - Broad and Spruce, Portafino - 12th and Walnut.  Don't know anything about any of these other than that they are supposed to be reasonably priced decent carb food. 

For bars to meet up after the race, here is a site.  I'm sure there's more options, but I only have so much energy.  If I were to pick one from this it would be Jack's Firehouse. 

Other suggestions that I would like more would be Cherry Street Tavern (22nd and Cherry), The Bishop's Collar (24th and Fairmount) or Oscar's (15th and Sansom).  This may be impractical to plan ahead of time, but maybe not with the spouses there.  Let me know thoughts on trying to plan that ahead of time. 

As for if we want to go out on Sunday night somewhere, here is a listing of some choices.  I don't have time to do this right now, but if someone wants to pick from the "moderate" choices and whittle it down, go for it.  We can call and get reservations. 

Again, not sure what everyone wants to do to get together, with people staying outside of town and families and whatnot.  Just thought I'd get the process rolling.  

MacJim

Last Name First Name Bib Number Corral City State Gender Age Event T-Shirt
                              Macphee Jim 843 1-Maroon Sanford ME M 49 Marathon

ML

Not sure I deserve to be this far ahead of everybody but what the hell.

What a maroon.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.