Circle North

Philadelphia Marathon (Read 446 times)

MacJim

SHUT UP! You're a Maroon. No, you shut up!! If you signed up for Phily you'd be a maroon too. Of course you'd be a high functioning Maroon but most people wouldn't make that distinction.

My first thoughts are to congregate in a bar somewhere immediately after, have about 17 beers, then go take a nap and regroup for dinner later.   

Whatever you guys do, don't let L Train spike your beers with shots of vanilla vodka post race.  It will seem like a good idea at the time but not advisable.

Egad - Stay away from L Train altogether and hang with Doug.  He only tries to kill people during training runs.

I'll take the aforementioned under advisement.

L Train

Whatever you guys do, don't let L Train spike your beers with shots of vanilla vodka post race.  It will seem like a good idea at the time but not advisable.

Egad - Stay away from L Train altogether and hang with Doug.  He only tries to kill people during training runs.

SHOTS!

Forget post race.  I'm gonna spike Doug's prerace drink with something so I can keep up.  And Egad, if you stay with Doug, you will most definitely break 3:30. 

GregM

And Egad, if you stay with Doug, you will most definitely break 3:30. 

I don't mean to put him on the spot, but I've already predicted Egad will be closer to 3:25.  If he does, we could have a five-way fight for the first Circle Norther to finish Philly.

Any info on runner tracking anyone?

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

L Train

I don't mean to put him on the spot, but I've already predicted Egad will be closer to 3:25.  If he does, we could have a five-way fight for the first Circle Norther to finish Philly.

Any info on runner tracking anyone?

There is something with some sort of cellphone scanner thing, I need to look into it. 

And dude, c'mon.  There's only one moron bib and the dude who has it has it for a reason. 

And Michelle will beat our whole gaggle while taking pictures, giving high fives, slamming a Mike's Hard Lemonade with some sorority girls and probably giving CPR to someone on the course. 

GregM

And Michelle will beat our whole gaggle while taking pictures, giving high fives, slamming a Mike's Hard Lemonade with some sorority girls and probably giving CPR to someone on the course. 

This reminds me of Scott's demeanor compared to mine in the photo you just posted of the St. Thomas finish.  Point made.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

gadman

You  are putting too much pressure/ expectation on Egad since this is his 1st marathon. Signed: old man Gadman

L Train

What're you like his dad or something?

"&^$@!!#$%^&*(*&^%$#@#$%^&%$#@!#$%^&*"

whoa...i almost forgot where i was. shut up robin.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

Me, I'm just going to go and have fun and pick flowers.

i need to leave.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

i need to leave.

Heh.  I think it was OK, though I did need to refer to my interpreter's handbook. 

gadman

Just like Shell who still gets it done!!!

L Train

OK all, I haven't heard from anyone at all, which makes me think we might be on our own or split up or whatever.  On opentable, there are very few places (2, in fact) that are Italian and that can handle 20 people, and they are in South Philly.  This will require cabs or cars for everyone, I think.  There is more availability for smaller groups, but I don't know what everyone wants.