Circle North

Philadelphia Marathon (Read 446 times)

MacJim

And dude, c'mon.  There's only one moron bib and the dude who has it has it for a reason. 

Excuse me. It's a 3 hour and 48 second marathon PR and it's a Maroon bib. We actually prefer to be called Redskins but you know how that goes. I'm sorry I haven't done any research yet on the restaurant thing. We should do a late afternoon hit at a restaurant that will hold all of us. Bland food with no taste..we can't take any risks. I'll be a good boy and look at it over the next few days.

If we are going to try and eat together pre-race on Saturday, I also vote for late afternoon!

My pick would be:

Maggiano's - Italian Catering & Restaurant, Philadelphia

1201 Filbert St, Philadelphia, PA 19107

Looks like they can handle a larger crowd and reservation can be made online at:

http://www.maggianos.com/en/Pages/home.aspx

If people are looking for something more common, there is an

Olive Garden

1346 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA

(215) 546-7950 · olivegarden.com

9 28 reviews $$$$

If the in-towner's want to do one thing and those at the AIrport want to do another, i am fine with that too.  Just may be easier from a logistics standpoint.

What was I chasing again?

L Train

Maggianos is the obvious choice nut on line can only book parties of 6. Called them a few days ago and latest they can book a large party is 3:00. Seemed too early for dinner to me plus i didnt hear if anyone wanted to so i didnt book.

To be honest, 3pm would be fine by me.  It is going to be tough to book a large party anywhere that night, especially Italian!

Not all of us are looking at the Running Ahead site either. I say we make a call tonight and if you don't commit, then you are on your own.

L Train

Thats fine. I had sent emails to those that arent on Ra.

L Train

OK all, I have contacted Maggianos again and it wasn't happening.  Also contacted a few other places to no avail. 

Finally, I contacted Salento, and have a reservation for 5:00 for 20. 

22nd and Walnut, that's maybe 12 blocks from the convention center for the expo, either a walk or a short cab ride. 

Let me know of issues. 

Works for me.  Thank you for making the arrangements. 

Yeah, that just really doesn't work for me. Try again.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

Next - After the marathon, I have reserved an area for 20 people at TGI Friday's which is at the Embassy Suites (the hotel Mrs, Train and I are staying in). Ordinarily that would be lame but hear me out. 

Come there, use our room to change and/or shower then come to the bar.  Awesome. 

L Train

Any one else want to research and/or get reservations for Sunday night?  I'm feeling very monopolistic. 

Some options:

City Tavern

Field House Bar and Grill

Adsum

Cavanaugh's Ritenhouse

City Garage (actually I couldn't read my writing there)

J.L. Sullivan's

Ladder 15

Fare Rest (also couldn't read my writing)

Cremer, since you have no other purpose other than to annoy me, maybe you should get on this for us. 

MacJim

Thanks for the effort. I'm in for all of it except maybe sunday night.  If I go back to my hotel for any reason I may not leave. I know how I'm going to feel after the marathon and a 3 or 4 am start to the day isn't going to make me feel any better. Just going by how I've felt before. Us Redskins understand that about ourselves.

to whom it may concern;

take care of #1.

the end.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Home Away From Home

L-

Saturday dinner and TGI sounds great. Thanks for the hard work in setting this up.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

L Train

L Train

CLIF BAR will provide pacers for the following Marathon finish times: 3:00, 3:05, 3:15, 3:25, 3:35, 3:45, 4:00, 4:15, 4:30, 5:00 and 5:30