Circle North

Off Road (Read 265 times)

My salty dogs

I'm hitting the power line trail this afternoon at 5pm for 6-8 miles.

Leaving from my house- 52 Main Street, Springvale

4990-1920

L Train

Can't make it tonight, Dave.  Sat or Sun?

My salty dogs

I'll be running on the trail Sunday also.  I am open for the best time.

I will be looking for 8 to 10 in total.  8:30-9 minute pace.

I would rather go at 9am but can really go any time.

link to map of route

L Train

Dave - I'll be at your house at 9:00.

I was thinking of doing the Great Pumpkin 10k, but this actually sounds better. Dave, I sort of know that your house is somewhere between Lance's house and Mousam Lake, I think. Beyond that I know it's on the right but I'm not sure where or how far. Anyway, if you guys don't mind I'd like to run with ya. Let me know.

Greg C

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

Greg - in case Dave doesn't see this - his house is directly across from "The Lodges", which is about 2 miles from my house.  It's a looooong driveway.

My salty dogs

As Lance mentioned, we are on the right across from the Lodges. You will see two stone pillars. 500' driveway, We have a brown log-home.

Park anywhere.

With the rain it might be a little more messy out there but we shouldn't run into any large pools.  Before the new trail was made you couldn't go a 1/4 mile without having to take a detour around a pond.

490-1920 if you need more help finding the place or are running late.

Dave S.

L Train

Dave - I was out there yesterday BEFORE the rain (went to the second road and back) and I ran into 2-3 pools I sort of had to jump over, as well as some other muddy areas.  Nothing bad at all, but with the rain, I don't know.  It was a fun run, but it's certainly not easy!

Thanks both for the info, I'll be there at 9:00. I think I'll wear my semi-retired backup shoes.

L Train

Thanks Dave - that was a really good run.  Feeling it in my legs, but in a good way - a workout without the pounding that felt like cross training.

Yep I second what Lance said. I found that strangely fun. Just enough uphill, downhill, rocks and mud to keep it interesting, without toooo much of any of them to make it torturous. I'll definitely try to hit it again a few times before the snow flies.

My salty dogs

It was an awesome run for me.   I really felt it later, after double checking the distance (8.5) I couldn't believe it wasn't more like 10+.  The hill repeats are something you just don't get normally.

You know where you will find my until is snows--- then again-- I do have "running"  snow shoes.

"Beep, Beep!"

Wished I could have joined y'all, but family obligations. Did a nice road run this afternoon. Hope to catch up with you when you hiot the trail again. Soft is better thank asphalt for these old hips!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

My salty dogs

If you go to the map in my earlier post you can choose "terrain" . It  really shows the ups and downs plus you can see the point we ran up to and gazed out at the valley below.  I still can't believe it was only a 4 1/4 miles each way.

I'll be running it again next Sunday morning. Saturday I have the 5K at  Saint Mary's.

My salty dogs

Late notice but... hitting the trails at 5pm.

WIlling to wait if anyone wants to head over.

490-1920