Circle North

fah slick (Read 315 times)

L Train

So here's the thing.  Much as I tell everyone else to not worry about things, keep your head down, don't get too high too low blah, blah, I have a very hard time doing it myself.  I really go back and forth between feeling good about things and not.  Good's not even the word.  "Good enough" is better.  Today is a "not great".

mta: deleted a bunch of self-absorbed nonsense here which I'm glad was not quoted.  Just part of the high/low thing.  Then I think of Bob and Steve recovering from surgery, Tom having his issues, etc., makes me realize that I'm lucky to be able to be running pain free and uninjured, no matter the results.

My brain is a weird place.

I blame Jim in Wells for unintentionally putting negative thoughts in my head today.  Ha.

L-Train plays his guitar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RmO6fc-FdE

Bryan can be any number of us.

What was I chasing again?

gadman

Does anybody work here?

L Train

work:

Refers to a supply of contraband to be sold for profit. Distinguished from "stash" or "personal", in that "work" is usually only sold and often consists of a lower quality product.

I guess I hope not because we don't need this extending past recreational needles in the portopotty by Mousam.

gadman

Now I'm really confused,Cuch must be rubbing off on you

work:

Refers to a supply of contraband to be sold for profit. Distinguished from "stash" or "personal", in that "work" is usually only sold and often consists of a lower quality product.

I guess I hope not because we don't need this extending past recreational needles in the portopotty by Mousam.

L Train

rubbing off on you

I'm not consulting the UD on this one.

Glad to see Mr. Negative has left the building

L Train

Wow I have a 14 page thread, go me.

So, you people that keep commenting in my log.  I know you are well intentioned, and are all being very nice, and I know you view me as being somewhere between unnecessarily negative and a total sandbagger.  But here's the thing. I have a few good runs here and there, runs in the sub 8 range, even a few with some distance and it all looks very nice and tidy and special in my log.  But the truth is, anyone in the group can run 4-7 or whatever miles at these paces or much better if they were doing the current little bit that I am.  I'm pretty much fully recovered all the time and I'm not training so I have no reason not to just get up and go like a bat out of hell because who cares if I can't walk tomorrow I don't have to run.

Any good running I have right now, and there are a few good runs, is an illusion.  It was made last spring and in the heat of summer and with a 330 mile September.  I can still run because that base is still there.  But without a reason to continue running or a goal or purpose, my middling mileage will remain where it is and get worse, and whatever I had built will sort of fade away.  So I can fake it for another few months I'm sure, but eventually it will all catch up with me.  Unless I actually start running again.

So when you see these runs and wonder why I am not super positive about them, it's because I know the truth of where I am headed.  I know these are practically race efforts just to get some amusement out of running.

Just wanted to clear that up.  Carry on.

Fro

sounds like ya gotta pick a race - up for shamrock? I need a roommate?

How do I say this nicely.......

So, you people that keep commenting in my log.  

L Train

sounds like ya gotta pick a race - up for shamrock? I need a roommate?

Ha, thanks Fro.  Shamrock is a definite no, way too close and I haven't done any long runs.  But thank you, and yes, picking a goal race would usually resolve this.

Ignore me, I was just spewing and you guys are just being too damn nice to me in my log.

Yeah Steve you can do something with that one too.

This whole post sounds like classic sandbagging. Lance has probably gone Gadman and has already registered for a race.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

I laughed.

L Train

I've discovered in the last few years that I really do love running. Except when I hate it. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. That said, I'll spend the next year busting my ass to get myself ready to run the absolute best marathon I possibly have in me, knowing full well that there are a million things that could go wrong along the way. I can wrap my brain around that by telling myself that it's not about how that race ultimately goes, it's about the process of getting there. If I do that, then I can put it down, knowing that I really gave it one good true shot, whatever happens. I do not want to go on indefinitely training, killing myself chasing ever harder to reach marathon PR's. It's not a fun way to live, and the pay stinks. One year, and then I'll just run for fun, as much or as little as I want.

That's how I'm dealing with those issues for now. I get all the fun stuff, the cameraderie and competition and Blue Dino rides, and I know the hard part has an end date.

sigh.