Circle North

for tdave (Read 436 times)

L Train

Your day today just about says it all for how silly we are. Congratulations on getting to your goal.

"Beep, Beep!"

YUP... I guess our brains are in our feet and we pound those too much. Thanks. Now, my longest week ever has been 49.7. Today with one day left in the week I am 49.5... I really have to run tomorrow to get my first 50+ week AND a 6 day streaker. Yup, I am a machine! Ha!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Your day today just about says it all for how silly we are. Congratulations on getting to your goal.

+1

Awesome.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

"Beep, Beep!"

Sonora Desert Run Clip... Click to see the trail terrain

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Kind of, but not exactly, reminds me of home. Wide open spaces. I think your cadence was a little slow, though.

L Train

Cool, thanks for that Dave. 

"Beep, Beep!"

Major ankle issue... Swollen, bruised and painful. I had sprained this ankle two years ago, but no problems since. Did 16 last week no problem. Did TM on Wednesday and it started hurting. Ran Saturday and at 7 miles started hurting, but had to keep going...heck I was in bean town with no way to contact Jane. RICE. REST, ICE, COMPRESSION, ELEVATION. Hole I can still run on 4/16!

3 weeks is a long time, and the fact that walking was okay today can't be anything but encouraging. Stay off it as much as possible the next few days and do the rice drill. Then ease back in, and I suspect you'll be fine. It's taper time, anyway. You've pushed the workouts a bit, changed up your form a bit, and your body is smacking you around a little. I suspect you'll be fine in short order.

L Train

Ditto.  Not running this week wouldn't hurt you a bit.  I have no idea what that could be, though.  A crack in the bone?  The visible bruising has sort of perplexed.  Take care of your self and try not to go crazy.  Liek Greg said, 3 weeks is a long time to get better.

Major ankle issue... Swollen, bruised and painful. 

sorry to hear this...can u ride easy till this resolves? how about swimmin? lift milk jugs? just keep doin somethin.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Major ankle issue... Swollen, bruised and painful. I had sprained this ankle two years ago, but no problems since. Did 16 last week no problem. Did TM on Wednesday and it started hurting. Ran Saturday and at 7 miles started hurting, but had to keep going...heck I was in bean town with no way to contact Jane. RICE. REST, ICE, COMPRESSION, ELEVATION. Hole I can still run on 4/16!

Was looking at your log, was that the first run with a new pair of shoes?  It looked like it, i never like to run too hard or too long in a brand new pair of shoes.  Hope your ankle is doing better now that it is a few days later.

What was I chasing again?

"Beep, Beep!"

Ankle update... Still swollen, but getting better. Ibuprofin is a friend. Doing lots of mobility and flexibility stretches and massaging the heck out of it to get the swelling out. Still have fat ankle! Not painful to stand or jump on one foot, but still far from runnable. WIll try to hit the elliptical, swimm'in and hot tub this afternoon before evening meetings. Robin says she hates tapers... I agree!

My salty dogs

Ankle update... Still swollen, but getting better. Ibuprofin is a friend. Doing lots of mobility and flexibility stretches and massaging the heck out of it to get the swelling out. Still have fat ankle! Not painful to stand or jump on one foot, but still far from runnable. WIll try to hit the elliptical, swimm'in and hot tub this afternoon before evening meetings. Robin says she hates tapers... I agree!

Wet sock treatment--- really good is "frozen sock" !!

easy -- way --put on wool sock -- pour cold water on it.  Elevate or better yet -- wear it to bed.

Hard core would be to wet sock -- put in freezer -- pull on just before going to bed.

Wish you a speedy recovery??

"Beep, Beep!"

Update - Saw orthopedic doc this AM and did X-Ray. Doc feels it is a stress fracture of fibula, though x-ray did not show anything. So.... I go back to Portland tomorrow for an MRI of left ankle and leg. BTW, no pain at all today walking, but if I push hard on part of leg it hurts... "don't do that!" I am worried they may confirm the stress fracture tomorrow... actually pretty bummed. Why does trying to stay healthy have to kill you! Anyway Doc says depending on the severity of the stress fracture, if it is 1st degree and mild, that if I let it heal for a week I could try to run Boston, but will likely be in alot of pain and could really hurt myself... now doesn't that sound reassuring. So, tonight I ride the bike, do the elliptical tomorrow, and just try to keep the fitness up. Amazing that 20+ weeks of training that was going well and as planned could be shot down so quickly. Keep your fingers crossed... maybe they're wrong and I am just old and suck!

Keeping fingers crossed that you're just old and sucky.