Circle North

for tdave (Read 436 times)

So.... I go back to Portland tomorrow for an MRI of left ankle and leg.

Well?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

"Beep, Beep!"

No answers yet. MRI took 1.5 hours, guess I will find out Monday. No ankle pain for two days.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

"Beep, Beep!"

YES... Just got the word, NO STRESS FRACTURE. Swelling on Peroneal tendon... now after a three rest, do I start running again?

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Great news.  I would try to stay off it as much as you can and go into the pool or something else that wont aggravate it.

What was I chasing again?

L Train

Great news Dave.  I guess there's no physical reason why you should run at all other than to maybe stretch the legs, and like Ron sad you could do that in a pool.  If only our Y had one of those alter-G's or whatever they are called. 

there is a likely chance that this will effect you on monday. i am sorry but that is the truth. bettah to slog it out at boston and and have a chance to enjoy a marathon for once in ur life than try out a few meaninless miles before it and go into hurtin and miserable or not at all. 

i guess my point is, the journey was gettin there. what good is it if you don't at least enjoy it? it's boston for christ's sake. so what if you come in 21,000st place instead of 17698.....i mean really....will it mattah when it's ovah?

that goes for everyone here really.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

"Beep, Beep!"

Cuch you're a philosopher! You are so right. Will try an easy run tonight, but my PT says no group run... It's that crazy things we boys do at the end of runs. He wants it easy! Remember how well I did having fun in NY?! I need one of those pictures like Robin had at the end of Boston... Big smile on her face! TD

L Train

Dave, congrats on the BQ.  Seems like it was a tough, hot day out there, but you got it done. 

Now, go get your inflamed whatever checked out, will ya?

GregM

Amazing, Dave, that despite temperatures comparable to Boston this year, you crushed your Boston time and got the BQ as well.  Way to go.  I see a PR for you this fall - perhaps in Philly?  (Hard to contemplate a PR at age 58 but it seems doable for you.)

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

"Beep, Beep!"

Dave, congrats on the BQ.  Seems like it was a tough, hot day out there, but you got it done. 

Now, go get your inflamed whatever checked out, will ya?

So I got the news today... Cry... Bilateral Stress fracture of the Pubic ramus (the two small pubic bones in the front), along with a tear of the left adductor insertion. Had MRI at 7:00 am and had to lay motionless for 90 minutes. Try doing that after running a marathon. Butt and leg were trying to cramp! The doctor said he was impressed that I was able to do the run and BQ with the stress fracture. Is that supposed to make me feel better?

Doctor's orders... No running for at least 2 months. This sucks. And it didn't even hurt running yesterday! Tell me why I should listen to the doctor! Yup, he said, "keep running and you could have an actual break there! It needs time to heal!" Anyone want to ride bikes with me?

sorry dave for this news. Sad i won't sugah coat it....that sucks!

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

gadman

Sorry to hear. Looks like the bike and the pool for a while and you will come back rested and stronger for the fall season.

GregM

I'd love to cycle with you Dave.  Do you have an extra bike?  Anyone have one or know of one for sale?  I'm in the market to buy a decent road bike. 

How about pool running, too?  That's the best workout for trying to heal, I think.  You turned me on to that after my first injury at the Mid-Winter Classic in 2010.  I managed to PR at Boston two months later.  I'll look for you in the pool if I know when you're there.

Good luck and get well soon.

Oh, by the way, the doc said "no running for at least 2 months."  I'm surprised he didn't limit any other activities. Wink

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Jim in Wells

Congrats on a great race Dave ... and on the BQ.  Always impressive - more so in that heat.

Sorry to hear and then come hear and read the news about your injury.  Best of success for some smart and steady healing.

"Beep, Beep!"

Thanks Jim... BQ and Time to heal up!