Circle North

Fro knows Fro (Read 17 times)

L Train

Guess you need your own thread now.

Hope you aren't too disappointed with that race, or disappointed at all, really.  Though that feeling is all very natural when you have goals and we have all been there.

Racing is funny, especially marathons.  I'd say most of us have far more negative experiences than positive ones, also a result of us being goal oriented, largely compulsive people.  And no matter how good we get the goal moves further out so we can't help but be disappointed.  I bet, for instance, when this process started you told yourself you were just going to be happy to complete it.  Well, you did that and then some, a damn solid first marathon.  It sounds like you are positively motivated though.

After the first it gets easier, the mystery is removed a bit of how you will feel after mile 20.  And 6 more months of base building will only have you even better prepared for the next.  Don't lose sight of the fact that no matter what you are running really well right now and that you've lost 20 pounds or something in the process.

Anyway, usually you have no need of a pep talk because you are annoyingly positive but there you go.

Frizz!

And yep, agree with all of the above. When I was telling Kim how you all did on Sunday one of the things I said was that you (one) learn more from the first one than any after. The best news in a weird way is that you now have a PR that is very soft as compared to your capabilities. The chances that you crush it next time out with a HUGE PR are excellent. Rest up and get ready. The beatings will recommence soon.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Fro

Thanks guys - means a TON. Still trying to make sense of what happened (the analytical person in me), but I'm hooked for sure - very positive experience and ready for the next one.

More than all of that - So thankful for such an amazing group to run with - thanks all! Couldn't have said it better than Gwen. What a great first race. Would definitely run this event again and had a great group to hangout with - thanks Egad, Gwen (thanks for sharing some post-race frozen yogurt on a cold day!), Gadman, Vangie and Dean. CN was represented well with this group. Ready for the next adventure and of course more beatings, just not right now - ouch. Didn't know my quads could hurt so bad.

The group running tonight? LOL.....

Congratulations again. After my first marathon I said I am never going to do that again. I should have listened to my inner voice.

Fro

Inner voice - LOL. Sounds like the beginning of a Stephen King Novel - Was wondering where the "mad" portion of your name came from.

Lance coined Mad Mike, I wanted bone crusher.

This thread is screaming for another point of view. 

When all else fails, lower your expectations and reach for another doughnut.

Let's face it, you're soft and weak.  All this pansy "you did your best talk" will only make you softer and weaker.  A true friend would tell you to pick yourself up and work harder next time and not waste our time tracking your pathetic progress online.  These folks are all sand-baggers who are looking to make you feel stronger than you are while making themselves seem weaker in order to beat you in the next one on one encounter.

Let's some up the findings here...

1. L-Train - We suck so you should suck.

2. Greg C - Run poorly so its easier to beat yourself.

3. Mad-Mike - I don't even know why try.

I can't wait to see what pearl of wisdom Scorps comes up with.

You've come a long way in a short time, no matter how you slice it.

What was I chasing again?

Dammit Rob, we have to build him up first so that we can crush his spirit later. Now he'll see through our cleverly constructed ruse.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Normally I would say run away from these assholes as fast as you can and don't look back.  But since it's too late I will say the following:  Doug shits a lot, L Train sucks at math,  Robbie is even scarier on the inside, Cremer is a cyborg, and Magic Mike likes the cubs.  This is your brain trust?  You should rethink your strategy

I can't wait to see what pearl of wisdom Scorps comes up with.

Fro

LOL - glad I could add to the CN suck-factor. Can't wait till we find another "sucker" to be the newbie. But, for now, I'll be your huckleberry and take the beatings gladly. That being said. bring on the summah race season - just don't count out this fat, slow newbie - I just might surprise you.

Now back to popping Ibruprofin, sucking down a drink of choice and eating more carbs (gotta suck factor rep to protect here  ).

Fro

Yikes, maybe this explains my suck-factor....

Normally I would say run away from these assholes as fast as you can and don't look back.  But since it's too late I will say the following:  Doug shits a lot, L Train sucks at math,  Robbie is even scarier on the inside, Cremer is a cyborg, and Magic Mike likes the cubs.  This is your brain trust?  You should rethink your strategy

L Train

Do less of this, seriously:

popping Ibruprofin

...and more of this, of course.

sucking down a drink of choice 

Don't feel bad, until recently I was the fat chick.  Robbie is as creative as he is sensitive.

It was probably this warm sensitivity training that drove Cuch away.

What was I chasing again?

Just wait until Rob handicaps a race and lets you know exactly what he thinks about your running