Circle North

The Scorpsie thread (Read 331 times)

I definitely agree about tonight's sleep being more important. Try to rack some good solid zzzzz's tonight, and don't sweat it if you're too wound up to sleep tomorrow night. Rest your body even if your brain is going 9000 miles an hour, and it'll be fine.

And that's VERY good advice about not stressing if it starts to feel bad somewhere in the middle. It'll probably happen, and it'll pass. It'll probably come back later, but by then you can just push through it. Small chunks is exactly right. I think of it as one mile at a time. Use whatever makes sense to you.

That last stretch around the back bay will seem like it goes on FOREVER, because you can see where you're going for a lonnnng time before you get there. Be prepared for that.

He really does look like a dork with the sock thing.

Good luck. You're ready. I think you're going to surprise yourself.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Thanks guys.  I'm trying to get the vision of L Train wearing socks as sleeves out of my head as it's quite disturbing.  Hopefully, this vision won't impact my sleep schedule over the next few days but it seems likely.

Feeling good and relaxed.  A little antsy but feeling good as I know I did the work which is much different than Sugarloaf.  I think I have a pretty good plan around both clothes and food which will be a repeat of my training on long runs (even recently when the weather was cooler).  The wife made a great pasta meal tonight for me with some friends and that was awesome cool and relaxing.

The training is officially over.  Game time.

i don't know u well enough/ at all to say sandbagger. 

so good luck. 

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

"Beep, Beep!"

Hey enjoy it and run smart... Start slower than you think you should! Save it for when you need it! Happy running!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

L Train

3:56:24.  Awesome.  Enjoy that beer. 

Congrats !!! Nice work Steve !

3:56:24.  Awesome.  Enjoy that beer. 

+1, that's excellent.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

"Beep, Beep!"

Excellent... deserves at least two beers!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Nice job acheiving your goal, Steve.  I know you are currently in the beer drinking stage right now but c'mon Curc' let's get some splits and a play-by play!

L Train

Nice job acheiving your goal, Steve.  I know you are currently in the beer drinking stage right now but c'mon Curc' let's get some splits and a play-by play!

Last I heard he was at $3 Dewey's spending more than $3.

Last I heard he was at $3 Dewey's spending more than $3.

A $10 bill is good for 3 beers and poor mans tip.  Grats on a great race.

What was I chasing again?

Thanks all.  I made up for lost time yesterday, and in his last official duty as coach, L Train made me drink lots of Pumpkinhead spiked with Vanilla Vodka.  It's great to be hungover after a marathon as my head hurts and I'm not thinking about the rest of my body.

Thanks for all the encouragement guys.  And what about my man Egad yesterday?  Holy smokes man.  Rocked it.

L Train

L Train made me drink lots of Pumpkinhead spiked with Vanilla Vodka.  It's great to be hungover after a marathon as my head hurts and I'm not thinking about the rest of my body. 

Your coach is a dumbass.  Good thing he's now been fired. 

And yeah, egad's race is pretty impressive, especially those last few miles.   

Guess you got the beer (and more) that you were waiting for.  Your committment to training is admirable and I look forward to some training runs with you in the future, as I am sure that the next goal is somewhere in the back of your (throbbing) head.  BTW Philly is still open and we have plenty of room for you.

And L you really did put together a nice training plan depsite your insistence otherwise.