Circle North

Transition to website from email (Read 215 times)

L Train

Hi all - Just throwing this out there.... Does anyone think that it would make sense to join a "discussion forum" to have all these conversations rather than doing it by email? I am a member of runningahead.com, which I personally think is a great place to keep my log and I have learned a lot there as well (most of you don't have as much to learn as me). I've been thinking about this over the past few weeks with all the "reply all" emails and people having difficulty with addresses, etc. It's as simple as going to the site and checking it out. If we decide this is a good thing, you would register (there's no cost, you don't even have to give your real name and I'm not even sure they ask for your email address). I could create a "User Group" called "Circle North" or something like that, and within that group, we could have all these discussions regarding Chicago, upcoming group runs or races (or any other topic) Benefits of this: - No "reply all" emails on topics that not everyone cares about - No having to maintain an address book of email addresses - no maintenance of email changes, etc. - The ability to keep or look up information without having to maintain the email itself. - If you care to, you can keep your log there (if you keep one) and make it public for all to see. In fact, you can probably view my log if you visit the site, so you can get an idea of what the logs look like. I'm "L Train" or you can view any other of the public logs (you can also choose to keep your log private. There might be more, but you get the idea. Pretty much everyone would have to like this for it to work. If it's a bad idea, then that's OK too and we'll keep the system we have. OK, you can carry on with your day, now. Just think, in the future, you wouldn't have had this email clogging up your system... Lance

L Train

This from Tom - OK. OK...Don't oversell it....you had us from the start!! Again, partial to the Circle North thang!! Just don't put too much personal info on the site... Tom

L Train

This from Bob Dunfey - You want to keep everyone plugged in and not lose anybody. I am not crazy about the reply all’s but I have learned to manage them. Bob

L Train

L- See, I am only replying to you, not ALL, but yes, good idea though we may find a delay in the communication due to the fact now instead of just checking email you have to go to a separate site and log-in etc. which one may not do as often as their email but all in all, great idea and I in. Michael

"Beep, Beep!"

Dave here checking it out. Looks good. Just got to remember to check it daily.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

L Train

If you save the site as a favorite, it's really pretty easy to get in the habit, at least for me. Of course, I keep my log here so I guess that's part of it.

So, whatever happened with this?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

Clearly, not much.

L Train

Hello, Mark Rix.

Thank you for not stalking.

L Train

Noelle Leigh in the house.

I enjoy brown ales, porters and stouts.

Thank you.

Mrs.Leigh

We got you covered, Lance.  You all better show up tomorrow, snowstorm or not, because I just purchased a ridiculous amount of food and beer!

GregM

We'll be there.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

L Train

Wow, we've got new members rolling in.

Anyway, welcome Noelle, Heidi and Andy.  Feel free to mess up the place.  Or in the words of Shalane Flanagan to Kara Goucher,

"Let's F*ck sh*t up". 

Or something like that.  

L Train

In other news, 19 people have logged in just today.  That has to be some sort of record.