Circle North

New Watch (Read 234 times)

Home Away From Home

My Garmin is officially a dead paperweight at this point.  Time to get a new one after those years of pounding the pavement.  For those of you that have bought new ones recently what are thoughts one the smaller touch screen versions over the larger 305 versions you had in the past. I just wanted some realistic comments, likes and dislikes from you all before I decide. Least when I return in December I'll be sporting a new watch.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Home Away From Home

Thanks all, you all log on and respond to the other CN threads but leave me hanging. Thanks.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Heh. I'm still rockin' the giant 305. I'm still happy with it. It just works.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

GregM

Heh. I'm still rockin' the giant 305. I'm still happy with it. It just works.

Likewise for me.  The 305 has been great since I got it over 2 years ago.  I would not want a smaller screen.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

My salty dogs

Likewise for me.  The 305 has been great since I got it over 2 years ago.  I would not want a smaller screen.

I was looking to upgrade to the 310 for the Ironman -- reviews made me stick with my 305.

I just purchased the adapter to mount it on the bike and the cadence/speed sensor --- I have a renewed appreciation for my 305.  I just wish the battery lasted longer -- that said not worth it for just one Ironman every few years.

The 310 doesn't give GPS while swimming --just time.  Also -- during a full Iornman -- pace and speed becomes a none issue eventually and a basic watch is all I'll want.   So I'll use the 305 for on the bike only and wear a really basic time only watch swimming and running (crawling).

I like the screen size of the 305 -- price is good too.

405's have a reductuction in weight to the 305. therefore reducin the offset gravatational pull in your ahmswing...therefore again allowin you to keep in bettah balance...hence why i wear 2 watches. 

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Home Away From Home

405's have a reductuction in weight to the 305. therefore reducin the offset gravatational pull in your ahmswing...therefore again allowin you to keep in bettah balance...hence why i wear 2 watches. 

Cuchy u r the best. I read this and laughed my ass off, gotto love your way of thinking. I will just buy 2 305's then.

MM#5768

L Train

I have the 405, but from what I've seen, I would stick with the 305.  It makes you faster apparently. 

Home Away From Home

I have the 405, but from what I've seen, I would stick with the 305.  It makes you faster apparently. 

Alright L-Train, and other CN 405 wearers.  I spent 2 hours looking at threads about the pros and cons of the 305 vs 405.  Biggest complaints to teh 405 are when sweaty/wet touch bezel doesn't always work, it turns on/off easily in a bag or pocket, and display can be somewhat small.

Any feed back?

MM#5768

Alright L-Train, and other CN 405 wearers.  I spent 2 hours looking at threads about the pros and cons of the 305 vs 405.  Biggest complaints to teh 405 are when sweaty/wet touch bezel doesn't always work, it turns on/off easily in a bag or pocket, and display can be somewhat small.

Any feed back?

slicks watch beeps constantly in the rain it evah shuts the fuck up. i tell him to shut the bezel off but it's his job to fuckin irritate me so he refuses... i can't take that kind of annoyance so i shut the bezel off in conditions where the bezel can be activated...rain, drizzle...bush whackin - problem solved.

the size difference in the display just takes a small acclimation period. you learn to become a bettah squintah and pretty soon you'll be spottin those raccoons.

L Train

Yeah, Greek, not Geek. 

Anyway. 

Yes, the bezel is a pain in the ass.  I have gotten in a better habit of turning it off almost all the time (read: unless I'm trying to do my job) , because I invariably have isues with it.  Even if it's dry my sweat effs with it and I don't like wearing dorky wristbands under multple watches. 

I can't compare the display because I've never had another.  To me the only good thing about the small display is that I can occassionally wear it as a watch in casual situations.  Other than that, if the 305 has a bigger display without the bezel and charging issues, that's the way I'd go.  Plus, isn't it waterproof or something?

Home Away From Home

The 310XT is Waterproof but is 399. I was looking to a slightly cheaper price. I think considering the heav sweat factor of me if it effs up I need to go old school with the 305 then and not mess with the 405.  I sweat way to much.   I was hoping for some better reviews of the 405 because I thought a slightly smaller more watch looking watc h would be cool but almost all 305 wearers that go 405 say they return and go back to 305 so I guess that seals the deal.  Order soon and have shipped to my mom in Baltimore.

MM#5768

The 310XT is Waterproof

but how big is it?

L Train

monumentally big.

so how would that effect my stroke i wondah?