Circle North

CHICAGO RESERVATIONS MADE (Read 353 times)

L Train

OK gang, here's the deal. I went ahead and made a decision. I called Embassy Suites, and true or not they said I should not wait longer than a week. I have reserved 4 rooms. Other than my room, there are 3 rooms with two double beds, plus the room with the couch. They are all reserved under my card, but they do not charge the card until checkout (which is what made me willing to make the decision). This way, no one has to exchange ANY money on this until October. Big grin They are also able to be cancelled at any time until 10/8. So if we elect to go with three rooms, I can make that change easily. Big grin They would only let my name be associated with three rooms. I gave them Dave T.'s name as the other, since he spoke up. Dave, you, therefore need to do nothing, except you will be the one required to check into your room. I will be seperately emailing your confirmation. I need two other people to do the following: call the Embassy Suites (check the link in the other thread), tell them there is a room with 2 double beds booked in Lance Hoenig's name, and tell them that you want to be the person assigned to that room. They will ask you for my phone number, which is in the phone book or available to you at your request. It should be as easy as that. You will then need to present a card at check in for the room to be charged to. I would suggest that whoever does this could ask for money from the other two people ahead of time if they prefer. Total charge is $389x4+$239.62 taxes = $1,795.62. Also, please let me know when you do this, and I would prefer it be sooner rether than later so I have this off my plate. If anyone has any issues with this, let me know - like I said it's completely flexible and can be changed any time until October, but at least we know we have 4 rooms.

My salty dogs

Excellent! Thank you. Cheers,

"Beep, Beep!"

You are 'da Man! Thanks for taking the lead. Big grin

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

L Train

Tom - Thanks for taking one of those reservations. That only leaves one left!

L-train ...took the liberty of calling & having 1-rm asigned to me. That leaves just one that needs to be reassigned. Who's next? They did ask me the confirmation number, but told them only the info you had furnished & that seemed to suffice. After all, that's all I knew. They also asked the checkin date??? I didn't know that off hand either...hoping it was Oct.9th...was that correct? I didn't know off hand...so agreed. I was asked to furnish my credit card number to complete the re-assignment...though it too won't be charged until checkout. Enough said. L- Thanks again for going that extra mile!! Caution: I assume you're OK with having your phone number public...perhaps your business phone? These sites are not secure. Just a word of caution to anyone else...be careful how much info you provide..everything we write can be viewed by others.
              How did you know so fast...I just posted it.
              L Train

It's my job to know what happens on this board before it happens.

L Train

I assume you're OK with having your phone number public...perhaps your business phone?
                  Good point. That has been fixed.

Running Rick

I could not figure out if you needed any one else to take a room. I am willing if there is a room left to assign
                    L Train

I could not figure out if you needed any one else to take a room.
                      Yes. I need one more. Dave T., Tom R and myself have. You can still follow the directions above. Thanks Rick and let me know when you do (though I believe I will get email confirmation).

GregM

I just took care of the last room, Lance. The hotel confirmed that you now have only the room with the king-size bed. I gave them my credit card and contact information, and they kept the same confirmation #. Thanks again for your efforts. Greg

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

GregM

Hi all,

This was the source of my info about the four rooms.  I was unable to find a listing of who will  be in each one, although I thought one was posted on this site.  Lance, can you help?

Greg M.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

My salty dogs

Hey Greg.

Not sure what else was worked out but I'm in a room with Lance and Diane.

Dave Saltmarsh