Circle North

Ironman - Lake placid (Read 210 times)

L Train

Congrats Dave

Looking forward to hearing all about it.  Now rest up for Chicago!

My salty dogs

Ironman is done--toughest thing I have every done!  10 hrs of joy and smiles, 4+ hrs of gut (and I mean gut) wrenching agony.

Starting on the shore and letting everyone head out first made the swim enjoyable. 2.4 miles without a slap on the head or a foot to the face.

No rain on the bike, seeing someone who took a face-plant on the down hill portion make be pull back a bit.

I ate all I could-- no more PB&J for a while though.

If you are going to walk-run-walk-trot-walk-sprint to the finish for 26.2 miles--- the Lake Placid run course is for you.

Walking most of the marathon has it's perks-- my legs feel great! I go to see Val, Jamie, and Greg all along the course.

The river along the run course is really something.  Finishing in the dark is also a realy experience.

Now-- this isn't an excuse-- just fact--my body isn't build for 14hrs--- who's is.  We all have our strengths and weaknesses--- my weakness all most did me in. My allergies were really bad for the 3 days prior to the race-- I almost didn't start. My stomach couldn't take the 12-14 hrs of gels, gator-aid, or anything else.  I don't see another Ironman in my future unless I somehow solve my digestion issues. I'm okay with that--for now I will focus on my stenghts.

Bring on Chicago!!!

My salty dogs

After several days to sink in:   I invite you all to join me in 2011 for another Ironman!!!

Any taker?

OK, It's official...you R crazy!!
            Congratulations Dave!!! Paul and I watched you finish online! We saw you do a heel-kick when you finished, way to finish in style . Kristen