Circle North

Reykjavik 2014 (Read 22 times)

Home Away From Home

Having actually been there myself for a few weeks it really is pretty and the roads where in good shape. i actually ran parts of the course there on some of my fun runs and the scenery is stellar.  The food is hands down some of my favorite too, seafood is amazing. Can give you a cool place or two to check out if you want and I can find them on the internet from my memory?

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

GregM

Well, it's official ... I will NOT be running Reykjavik.  I got my BQ this weekend in Pittsfield, MA.  It's a good thing, because I could not afford to take more time off work right now.  Good luck to Cremer and Jimbo, especially Jimbo who needs a BQ.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Congrats, and I'll make sure Jimbo eats your share of putrified shark while we're there.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

The Icelandic Met Office raised the aviation alert level to orange for the Bardarbunga volcano, following a major earthquake early Monday, the largest in the area since 1996. On the five-color scale, orange sits one level below red, which denotes an active eruption or one that is imminent. The 15.5-mile-wide volcano sits beneath Europe’s largest glacier, and rises about 6,200 feet above sea level. Bardarbunga began exhibiting increased seismic activity on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28843968

Hmmm, Lava, Earthquakes and Volcano eruptions are not "Conditions" you can check off on Run Ahead, so they are not valid excuses.  If anything I think all of these would help motivate you to run faster.

What was I chasing again?

Good luck guys.  Enjoy the penus museum and lava aid stations.

In. R

ey

kjavik w/Kim & Jim. Located the Penis Museum but haven't been yet. At this point we've all been awake for well over 24 hours.

(Effing tablet, I'm not fixing that.)

"Beep, Beep!"

Have a great time!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Reporting in... Jim ran 1:37ish for the half. I ran an awesome 16 mile race, unfortunately I still had 10 to go and it got ugly from there. Finished in 3:23ish. Still, a pretty awesome experience. Now to revive, because this is the big party day for the whole country. More later if coherent.

Bummer but great experience.  Enjoy

Reporting in... Jim ran 1:37ish for the half. I ran an awesome 16 mile race, unfortunately I still had 10 to go and it got ugly from there. Finished in 3:23ish. Still, a pretty awesome experience. Now to revive, because this is the big party day for the whole country. More later if coherent.

Sorry to hear that things didn't go as planned for the race but at least you are getting a great vacation out of it. Have fun!

"Beep, Beep!"

Reykjavík - 23. ágúst 2014

(Millit. 10k,20k,21.1k,25k,30k,37.2k flögut/Splits 10k,20k,21.1k,25k,30k,37.2 Chiptime)

96 3:23:53 ( 44:23/1:28:51/1:33:35/1:51:02/2:14:21/2:54:09/3:23:43) 473 Gregory H. Cremer 1966 40 - 49 ára USA

Couldn't find Jimbo.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

GregM

I'm a day late, having come here to wish you, Greg, and Jimbo, well for tomorrow.  Sorry that the last 10 did not go as planned, but I'm sure Jimbo would have gladly traded times with you.  I had a similar experience exactly two weeks ago.  I hope to motivate you to get that PR next year in Boston, if you haven't already achieved that by then.  If you have, I'll really have my work cut out for me.  In any case, I hope we can both start and finish in sight of each other, especially as we race down Boylston.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.