Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

L Train

Oh I'll be out there. OK if we do something from my house it will have enough hills to make you cry Gadman.

gadman

Bring it on!

Bring it on!

As if we can believe anything you say now, Mr. "Mwahaha I'm in the race and nobody knows".

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

gadman

I know one race I'm not in, Mid winter Classic.

GregM

Oh rats I didn't get in Smile

I can't believe it!  They need to increase the size of that race.  I was too late last year too.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

GregM

Wow, I can't beleive I'm running this by myself.  Really?  No one registered?

Sorry about that, Eric.  I had no idea it would sell out in less than 48 hours.

GregM

I realize that this will be a great big giant NO from a lot of you given the date in relation to Philly, but just in case anybody is interested... I'm going to run the Free Fall 5k in Rochester on Thanksgiving morning. Company welcome.

Interested in carpooling? I plan to get there an hour before the start and won't be staying long after.

GregM

Lost your cell #, Greg, when mine died. 651-2770

gadman

Sorry about that, Eric.  I had no idea it would sell out in less than 48 hours.

It sold out in 32 hrs.

So yeah, I overslept and didn't race, but a quick scan shows some good times at the Free Fall 5k today. Mr. McCullough ran 19 flat. Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

gadman

59   2/21   M6069   22:06  7:08 Richard Reynolds              65 M    207 North Berwick ME   How can he run that fast
                        at his age? Awesome!

So yeah, I overslept and didn't race,

hardy-har-har-har.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

GregM

59   2/21   M6069   22:06  7:08 Richard Reynolds              65 M    207 North Berwick ME   How can he run that fast
                            at his age? Awesome!

Age-adjusted men's 5K times

------------------30-------- 65

76.5%     16:47    22:01
                             76.0%    16:53    22:09

Tom, you ran a sub-17 in your prime, didn't you?

GregM

Tom, here is your predicted 5k time based on your marathon PR in Philly:

Your Equivalent Race Times

Event

Time

Pace/Mi

5000m

21:58

7:04

Marathon

3:34:05

8:10

(Source:  http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/calculator)

GregM

Tom, here is your age-adjusted 5K time:

-------------30------ 57

71.0% 18:05 21:49 
                                70.5% 18:12 21:34

So, Rick still has you, and you still have your sub-17 PR to shoot for ...

(Source: http://misweb.cbi.msstate.edu/~rpearson/tables/mendist/men05k.html)

For other distances, see http://misweb.cbi.msstate.edu/~rpearson/mendist.html.