Circle North

Mill city relay Circle North should put in a team from Maine. (Read 16 times)

Randall

Circle North should put in a team from Maine.

The Mill Cities Relay will be run on Sunday December 4, 2016. This is the Running Club Championship of the Merrimac Valley: a relay team race open to invited "mill cities" clubs only (including the Winners Circle Running Club). The Mill Cities Relay is an "all hands on deck" event for the club. All WCRC club members are encouraged to participate. There is NO LIMIT to the number of WCRC relay teams. There is NO COST for WCRC members who participate (the club pays all race fees). EVERYONE has a good time! Check out the past results (http://www.millcitiesrelay.com), you'll see that WCRC has been an important "player" at Mill Cities for many years.

The five relay legs are 5.4, 4.75, 2.5, 9.5, and 4.75 miles. You can check out the course maps at http://www.millcitiesrelay.com. The course follows the river and all of the legs are relatively fast. There are some minor ups and downs, but there are no mountains between Nashua and Lawrence. There are

men's, women's, and mixed teams in 18+, 30+, 40+, 50+, 60+, and 70+ age divisions. The relay starts at 8:00 AM. The racing is wrapped up by noon, but there is a great multi-club post-race runners party at the Claddagh Pub at the finish line in Lawrence that makes it worth staying into the afternoon if you can.

WCRC Team Coordinator Chris Grange is in charge of organizing the WCRC teams. If you would like to participate on a WCRC team at Mill Cities, send the following information to Chris at

wcrcteams@runthecircle.org. DON'T BE SHY, VOLUNTEER TO RUN FOR THE CLUB. IF YOU SUBMIT YOUR NAME YOU WILL BE PUT ON A TEAM - NO ONE GETS LEFT OUT.

--------------------------

Name:

Email address:

Telephone number (CELL NUMBER PREFERRED):

Typical pace per mile (or time) in a 10k race:

Time-of-day/leg restrictions or desires:

--------------------------

PLEASE EMAIL ALL OF THE INFORMATION ABOVE TO CHRIS AT wcrcteams@runthecircle.org.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE CLUB PAYS YOUR ENTRY FEE ($20 PER PERSON), BUT IN RETURN IT IS EXPECTED THAT YOU ARE RUNNING FOR THE CLUB. Chris has the task of organizing 100+ runners into 20+ teams and he needs to be free to place individuals into spots that will maximize the club's overall scoring.

For more information, or to get your name on the list today, contact Chris at wcrcteams@runthecircle.org

I've always thought it would be cool to do it that way. Probably easier logistically, too.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Fro

I'm totally up for this. How do we make it happen?

Just get a group of 5 of us oldish CN old guys. I could be potentially bribed into a CN team.  There are enough of us over 40 guys.  It makes for a long day though.  You would still need two more.  Perhaps Mad Mike or Greg2, maybe coax the L-train out of retirement.

What was I chasing again?

I would have said Tall Dave, but if he goes he should be on one of the A / WCRC teams.

Ha it just now finally dawned on me that I'll be on a plane heading far, far away from here on vacation that day. Ah well, have fun.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Ha. Ditto.

Ha it just now finally dawned on me that I'll be on a plane heading far, far away from here on vacation that day. Ah well, have fun.

Did you think I left you off because you are fat & slow?

Ha. Ditto.

Ya that was my initial inclination.  But then again somehow you made it on my guest list even though you are old and moody.

Did you think I left you off because you are fat & slow?

Fro

Still interested in this - anyone else want to commit? I would volunteer to contact Chris Grange with our request - would just need 5 of us to commit, but also be willing to abide by their desire to separate us for the good of the team - anyone?

Old & Cranky... not moody.

Ya that was my initial inclination.  But then again somehow you made it on my guest list even though you are old and moody.

I'll go in with ya Fro...  no heavy drinking at Egad's wedding though.

Name: Rob Kaberle

Email address:  RKaberle@metrocast.net

Telephone number (CELL NUMBER PREFERRED): 617-835-8844

Typical pace per mile (or time) in a 10k race:  6:45/mile (if no snow/ice this year)

Time-of-day/leg restrictions or desires: Would prefer to do the 9.5 mile leg.

Is this dead? Trying to sort out my obligations through the holidays.

Fro

I didn't really hear any takers - Rob, would love to hang with ya that day - but it doesn't look like a CN team - you would need to contact WC directly to get your name in the pool. At this point, I think it's just Me and Greg2... Anyone else going?

So are you to in regardless?

I didn't really hear any takers - Rob, would love to hang with ya that day - but it doesn't look like a CN team - you would need to contact WC directly to get your name in the pool. At this point, I think it's just Me and Greg2... Anyone else going?

Fro

Yup - Already signed up. Unless my plantar/Achilles doesn't allow me - but I'm in!