Circle North

for tdave (Read 436 times)

an accomplished swimmers solution to the nose clip.ardnoseclip.JPG (84KB, 500 x 375) 

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

"Beep, Beep!"

Thanks Robin... Here's the pix for all to see... (An impossible manuveur!)

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Thanks Robin... can't see the picture though.

shit i could...at least on the 8th...and i kept goin back to check...you needed to be faster before the boycott. Wink i'll send it via email.

L Train

What is this boycott you speak of, and will there be topless women?

What is this boycott you speak of, and will there be topless women?

umm...you're droolin all ovah the floor.

hey dave...i was wonderin if you'd like company when u go skiin sometime. course i'd be snowshoein. wasn't sure if that would screw up your trails eithah. let me know.

"Beep, Beep!"

Definately always welcome company...  I can snowshoe also. I am a mad bomber on skiis... Have you ever tried Xcountry skiing? Intense workout and FUN!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

i haven't tried xc...only done downhill. i've heard its pretty intense.....

wow dave...you're really gettin out there...awesome to see, keep goin! i'll see ya within the hour!

L Train

Tall Dave are our kids ever going to go to school again? Having them at home is most inconvenient. Wink 

maybe i'm doin backflips a bit premature but i can't help it.....duct tape!!!! FUCKIN DUCT TAPE!!! HAHAHA! i still feel it but holy shit what a difference! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!! thanks dude!!!!

"Beep, Beep!"

Really.... awesome, fantastic, amazing and wicked good! I'm hoping for 'ya!!!

L Train

maybe i'm doin backflips a bit premature but i can't help it.....duct tape!!!! FUCKIN DUCT TAPE!!! HAHAHA! i still feel it but holy shit what a difference! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!! thanks dude!!!!

Where'd you git that idea?

"Beep, Beep!"

From Ken Skier on Facebook a WC runner. Posted it saying it helped his foot pain.

<h6>

Ken Skier

Hooray! After nearly four weeks of foot pain that never went away (and was intense enough on Saturday to make me quit a race, limping, after just 5 minutes)...

...I finally have something good to report.

I just ran a hilly 1K and feel GOOD! No heel pain! (The trick was to wrap my foot tightly in--what else?--Duct Tape! Smile
                            </h6>

<h6> </h6>

Erika Heilig Duct tape was made by the gods!

<abbr>Wednesday at 1:08pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button> · 2 peopleLoading...

• Melissa McDevitt Poliquin True, Duck tape is the best!!! I'm going to try it on my dumb bowl injury foot, can't hurt!!!!

<abbr>Wednesday at 1:12pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button>

• Shari Hewson Sorry to hear you have been injured. That stinks. Hoping you are on the road to recovery!

<abbr>Wednesday at 1:14pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button>

• Chip Cody I guess the duct tape acts like an orthotic. Very cost-effective!

<abbr>Wednesday at 1:21pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button>

• Steve Moland I wish you a speed recovery. Anything good is good when this stuff assaults us. Do you have any options for bike-on-trainer or swimming so that you can enjoy something?

<abbr>Wednesday at 1:24pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button>

• Ken Skier Erika--not sure if the gods made duct-tape...but it sure makes ME feel like a master of creation. Duct tape isn't a simple tool that does just one thing. It's a big grey roll of Potential...like clay to a sculptor, or canvas to a painter: I know that I can turn it into almost ANYTHING! Smile

<abbr>Wednesday at 1:59pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button>

• Ken Skier

Melissa--Duct tape doesn't stretch. At all. Sometimrd that's good...but sometimes it can make an injury WORSE. Please be careful.

If you wrap your foot and then notice that something doesn't feel right "inside" the foot, yank off that d...uct tape, ASAP. It might be crushing or stressing some internal structure that needs to move.See More

<abbr>Wednesday at 2:03pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button>

• Ken Skier Shari--Thanks! I, too, hope I'm on the road to recovery...but right now I'm just happy that I managed to be out running on ANY road, even if it was just for a little while. Smile

<abbr>Wednesday at 2:05pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button>

• Ken Skier

Chip--You may be right. I don't know much about orthotics. My impression is that they provide support from underneath the foot. By contrast, the duct tape wraps AROUND the foot, and I believe that helps to keep the fascia and tendons tig...htly in place.

In structural terms, I think the tape holds the foot TOGETHER, whereas an orthotic holds it UP. But I have no medical knowledge....just the perspective of an engineer.
                            See More

<abbr>Wednesday at 2:10pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button>

• Ken Skier Steve--good suggestions. I have to put pedals on my trainer to ride indoors...or go to a pool to swim. (Too cold now for the Open Water swimming I love. Smile If I can't run, I'll do something.

<abbr>Wednesday at 2:11pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button>

• Melissa McDevitt Poliquin I suppose your right.....I'm just MORTIFIED it still bothers me...more of a painful, crampy, stiff big toe now instead of my whole foot, so I am happy about that!!!
                            I hope you feel better soon!!!!

<abbr>Wednesday at 3:32pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button>

• Robert P Rondeau what would we do without duct tape,whoever invented duct tape is making a killing on it. Ken great job maybe see at arace soon.

<abbr>Wednesday at 4:19pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button>

• Ken Skier Melissa--Sorry your foot is still suffering from that Bowl injury. But it sounds as if it's making terrific progress: just the toe complaining now, instead of the whole foot. I know you'll be 100% soon!

<abbr>Wednesday at 5:44pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button>

• Donald Yeaton Just ask Red Green about duct tape!

<abbr>Wednesday at 6:07pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button> · 1 personLoading...

• Laurie Dennehy-Cyr maybe we could duct tape our bad feet together & do a 3 legged race?? How fun does that sound?

<abbr>Wednesday at 6:57pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button>

• Ken Skier Laurie--I love it! We would certainly win in our category!

(And on a serious note: I didn't know you had a foot problem. Just recently, or has it been a problem for a while? In any case I hope it's better soon!)

<abbr>Wednesday at 8:00pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button>

• Sherman D Roberts d-tape... lordy, are you from the South?!

<abbr>Wednesday at 10:02pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button>

• John Hartley well they say duct tape fixes everything who knew lol

<abbr>Wednesday at 11:17pm</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button>

• Melissa McDevitt Poliquin Yes we will both be 100% soon (& Dan too) I am sooo ready to be out on the cold,snowy,icey roads Smile

<abbr>Yesterday at 9:19am</abbr> · <button>LikeUnlike</button>

• Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

glad to hear of your awesome swimmin workout....you'll be tryin to race that hotshot girl in the next lane in no time!

as for the pirate....do it do it do it do it!   *shop vac* - vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............

as for the pirate....do it do it do it do it!   *shop vac* - vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............

You aren't scaaaaaared now are ya? Hmmmm???? Hell I swim like I'm drowning and I'm doing it. C'mon, cave to peer pressure! It'll be fun!

Actually I think it really will be very fun.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.