Circle North

2011 Goals (Read 1509 times)

So here are my goals for 2011...

Yearly mileage goal 3,120.

Sub 1:30 half in the Spring.

Boston 3:10.

Sub 19 5k.

Sub 3 in the Fall.

There are lots of smaller ones but these are primary.

Yes, I know sub 3 is ridiculous. Why should I let that stop me?

So, what are YOUR goals???

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

stuff i did and stuff i'll do.

derry - colossal failure #1  2:39:15

hampton half - colossal failure #2 1:48:23

mid-wintah - cancelled.

es 20 - colossal failure #3 DNS

boston - colossal failure #4  4:20:46

pineland - 2:36:14

RPC - 36:53   http://youtu.be/UwadDi96QVc 

pirate tri - 1:29:33

warrior dash - 42:54

4 on the forth - colossal failure #5  29:52

run for the gym - 21:19...beer mile - 12:31

kenn. 1 mile swim - 27:54

yankee homecomin - 1:15:47

dare 5k - 22:23

timbahman 70.3 - 6:14:41

spahtan sprint - DNS

100 mile pahkinson's ride - 6:04:28

reach the beach relay - 26:06:06

RPC - 42:18 - course change

run for our school - ran w/LJ - was it's own rewahd.

stone cat 50m - 11:53:24

11/20-10m trail fun run in framingham???

11/19-sanford TT???

12/4-mill cities

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

2011 goals:

Race                    Goal time                                          2010                      Actual

Derry 16 miler:           <1:54     1:54:30                        2:01:32                      1:57:04 (NOT EVEN CLOSE, BUD)

Midwinter 10 mile:     <1:09                                           DNF

Hampton 1/2:             <1:31                                           DNS                            1:29:22

ES 20:                          no goal                                       2:32:54                       DNS

Boston                         <3:10                                           ---                                3:53 WTF 

Mt. Washington         <1:32                                                                                Nope

Bob's 5K                     beat Greg_C                              20:10

Yankee Homecoming: <1:08:30                                1:12:10

Fall 1/2 marathon      <1:30                                         1:31:07                         Probably not

I'll spend the summer with reduced weekly mileage (50ish), more workouts and more short races with no fall marathon plans in an attempt to get some of my shorter race PRs down.

I guess I'll say 3000 miles, maybe dowable even with reduced summer if I can frontload it.

I'd like to be under 170 pounds by Boston. 

More as I think of it.

4/25/2011 (Post Boston):  Ease back into easy mileage for a while, mentally/physically reboot.  Race a bunch of 5K-5M this summer.  Resist the call of the triathletes.  Get myself back into decent shape by fall, maybe race HM at Portland or Baystate.  Try to get into Boston 2012, most likely failing.  Run a Feb-May marathon somewhere in sub 3:10 to qualify for 2013 so I can get a do-over. 

My salty dogs

NEW 2011 GOALS:

Get out of FUNK!!!!  -- HOW TO: 

Drop 10lbs by Ironman:

9/5 = 152  (baseline)

9/11=147(after 4 days of stomach bug)

9/18 = 147.8 Finally!!!

9/25 = 145.6

10/1 = 147.6  minor setback -- but I enjoyed myself!! Still better than falling back to 150.

10/9 = 147.4

10/15

10/22

10/30

11/7

11/14

11/21

Rides before Ironman:

25 - DONE 8/20

40 - DONE  9/5

50 - DONE (56) 9/24

60 - DONE 10/8

100 - DONE 10/15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swims  before Ironman:  Hmm -- might want to start swimming soon...10/8

30 min - DONE 10/16

45min

60 min

75 min

90 min

Runs before Ironman

12 - DONE 9/25

Bricks before Ironman

B30-R5

B30-R8

Races before Ironman

R2-B9.5-R2 -  sweet!! 0:56 min  5 overall, 1st AG  

S.25-B15-R3 

Finish Ironman sub 13hrs!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------

Begin Marathon Training December 1st for Feb marathon.

Total 2000K  ---OK this isn't going to happen. In fact I won't likely break 1000 mile.

Let's see, no specifics.

5km. 18:30

5mi.   31:00

10km.38:30

10mi. 65:00

13.1  1:27:00

that's it for now,

each one of these

would age grade out

to a Open PR. The old me

running against the younger me .

"Beep, Beep!"

Goals for 2011

at the moment...

• Mid-winter Classic 10 mi - <1:14
              • Boston <=3:25 - (Actual = 3:33:32 - what did you learn from this?)
              • 5K - Sub 20.. 19:59 is fine for me
              • 10K - Sub 43
              • Pineland 25K
              • Would love to do Mt Washington. (In)
              • HM - 1:35 (got to find the right one)
              • NY <=3:25

Training Goals - at least 2 X-Training per week (Bike and Core exercises, along with X-Country Skiing)

Stick with Run Less, Run Faster Program, but incorporate MORE HILL Training instead of as many Intervals.

Need 5-20's before Boston according plan.

Additional Goals:

• Learn to swim laps at the Y.
              • X-Country ski every Saturday (and get some of the CN crew to join me!)
              • Bike as much as I can next summer
              • Do more hiking

Biggest goal, listen to my 57 year old body and make sure to train smart and not get injured... and of course have fun and enjoy training and running with my friends!!!!Big grin

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

L Train

I'm happy for you today, Tall Dave.  That must feel good.

"Beep, Beep!"

Thanks Lance... good to be getting back to it. Now just need to train smart.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

hey slick, you may want to tack the :30 on to the yankee 10 instead of mid-wintah....it's supposed to be 93*.

L Train

Yeah I guess maybe that doesn't make much sense given my thermalness.  The assumption is that I would be in better shape by then (and lighter) but I might also be dreaming.  I'll add the :30 to YH but not remove it from MWC.   

Actually, I just tacked on :30 to both due to my current staypufmarshmallowmanness,  heh.

Jim in Wells

This year - 2010 - my initial goals were to run at least 1,200 miles and to complete a marathon smiling and upright while rediscovering the joy (and health benefits) of running after taking a 15 year layoff from running.  I did both as I will finish 2010 with slightly over 1,800 miles running and I finished the MDI Marathon in October and had a fun time doing so.

Just starting to think about 2011 goals but my first one is to run at least 2,011 miles.

As is painfully obvious, I am not fast but I do intend to improve my post-55 PRs for various distances.  To that end I will list the PRs I hit this year as a base line and take it from there.

I hope to be able to do more group runs and will enter more races in 2011 beginning with the Hangover Classic 10-K on 1/1/2011.  I have already signed up for the Midwinter 10 Mile Classic on 2/6/2011 and the Half at the Hamptons on 2/20/2011 ...

I either edit this post or do another one as this develops as this techno-dinosaur is still figuring this forum out Roll eyes

The biggest goal is to simply enjoy running and appreciate the fact that I can.

Hope you all had a great Christmas.

L Train

Jim, that's a great year - look forward to running and racing more with you in 2011.  As I recall, you 2011 mile goal was just like Greg_C's this year and that turned out pretty well for him until he turned into a pansy here at the end. 

Jim, that's a great year - look forward to running and racing more with you in 2011.  As I recall, you 2011 mile goal was just like Greg_C's this year and that turned out pretty well for him until he turned into a pansy here at the end. 

Hey Jim, ya gotta make it 2012 miles, 1 MORE than the year. And yeah, I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to run 20 more miles for 2500 while not running. As much as I'm trying to be smart right now, I'd be surprised if the obsessive dumb side doesn't win this one heh.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

So here are my goals for 2011...

Yearly mileage goal 3,120.

just curious here......what's your 20? i mean, why the weirdo numbah?

L Train

60X52.  Duh.