Circle North

Baystate (Read 336 times)

When you get to 20 miles

say it out loud ,

" F%#K the wall!

I'm not slowing down in fact I'm gonna pick it up"

This works !! keep this in your head for last 6.2

repeat as often as necessary!  No fear !  None ! 

My salty dogs

I am here in my cave ! a 14 mile week, no women, no booze !

will be running angry !

I'm scared... wait -- I'm not running.   but it sounds like I might be looking over my shoulder for you at Boston.  Better yet... we start in the same coral together. 

My salty dogs

157  11/153  JOHN WEBBER            398 53 WINNERS CIRCLE RUNNI YORK BEACH ME         3:09:00 3:08:55.0*  7:13 

232  49/310  GREGORY CREMER         764 44                      SANFORD ME            3:15:05 3:14:26.2*  7:26 

306  74/310  LANCE HOENIG           392 41 WINNERS CIRCLE RUNNI SPRINGVALE ME         3:21:02 3:20:22.3*  7:39 
        493  20/174  ROBIN CUCINOTTA        388 39 WINNERS CIRCLE RUNNI NORTH BERWICK ME      3:33:29 3:32:50.1*  8:08 

WELL DONE CREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        L Train

Jim was in at 3:01ish.

"Beep, Beep!"

Place Div/Tot  Name                         No.  Ag Club                               City               St          Time    Net Time   Pace 
            ===== ======== ==================== ===== == ==================== ===================== ======= =========  ===== 
             98  27/310  JAMES MACPHEE        394 47 WINNERS CIRCLE RUNNI SANFORD ME             3:01:41 3:00:48.0*  6:55
            157  11/153  JOHN WEBBER            398 53 WINNERS CIRCLE RUNNI YORK BEACH ME       3:09:00 3:08:55.0*  7:13
            232  49/310  GREGORY CREMER    764 44                                         SANFORD ME             3:15:05 3:14:26.2*  7:26
            306  74/310  LANCE HOENIG           392 41 WINNERS CIRCLE RUNNI SPRINGVALE ME         3:21:02 3:20:22.3*  7:39
            493  20/174  ROBIN CUCINOTTA      388 39 WINNERS CIRCLE RUNNI NORTH BERWICK ME   3:33:29 3:32:50.1*  8:08
            713   3/36   RICHARD REYNOLDS    397 63 WINNERS CIRCLE RUNNI NORTH BERWICK ME   3:44:56 3:44:20.0*  8:34

ALL BQ's - AMAZING... WELL DONE

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

My salty dogs

Place Div/Tot  Name                         No.  Ag Club                               City               St          Time    Net Time   Pace 
              ===== ======== ==================== ===== == ==================== ===================== ======= =========  ===== 
               98  27/310  JAMES MACPHEE        394 47 WINNERS CIRCLE RUNNI SANFORD ME             3:01:41 3:00:48.0*  6:55
              157  11/153  JOHN WEBBER            398 53 WINNERS CIRCLE RUNNI YORK BEACH ME       3:09:00 3:08:55.0*  7:13
              232  49/310  GREGORY CREMER    764 44                                         SANFORD ME             3:15:05 3:14:26.2*  7:26
              306  74/310  LANCE HOENIG           392 41 WINNERS CIRCLE RUNNI SPRINGVALE ME         3:21:02 3:20:22.3*  7:39
              493  20/174  ROBIN CUCINOTTA      388 39 WINNERS CIRCLE RUNNI NORTH BERWICK ME   3:33:29 3:32:50.1*  8:08
              713   3/36   RICHARD REYNOLDS    397 63 WINNERS CIRCLE RUNNI NORTH BERWICK ME   3:44:56 3:44:20.0*  8:34

ALL BQ's - AMAZING... WELL DONE

Wo

Wow-- I didn't realize Jim and Rick where running!   Fantastic!

Randall

Registration starts at 9 AM TODAY FOR BAA 2011, Congrats to all Bay State Qualifiers, It's going to be a great Winter of training so rest up and enjoy the moment.

L Train

Greg - Looking at your last 6 miles and partcularly last 3 - impressive!  Can't wait for the write up and you kicked my a** good.  And I couldn't care less. 

MTA: Just read the log entry.  That really was the perfect race.  Looking at your splits is exactly the race I had WANTED to run.  7:30s then picked up after 20.  And Brian just reminded me - were you amazed at all the carnage post 20?  People were either slogging or ground to a halt and we were passing people everywhere.  You must have been as well. 

I was amazed at pretty much everything past 20, but I tried really hard to be intentionally oblivious to all of it. I didn't really notice how many people I was passing until that last bridge, but it was a lot. It was really only there I kinda let myself stop being scared and admit that I probably wasn't gonna crash and I was gonna finish strong.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Home Away From Home

Congrads to you all, much better memories than mine at Quebec but we have all good days and bad and that was a bad for me.  Sounds like everyone finished strong and all that training paid off.  Now get off the couch and lets start planning the next one Smile

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Googled the Runner's World ,  age graded calculator

according to the age graded tables 2006.

I shattered my open PR of 2:52:35

with a 2:44:41 for age 53

plug in your age and time to see what the younger you ran yesterday.

My salty dogs

Greg - Looking at your last 6 miles and partcularly last 3 - impressive!  Can't wait for the write up and you kicked my a** good.  And I couldn't care less. 

MTA: Just read the log entry.  That really was the perfect race.  Looking at your splits is exactly the race I had WANTED to run.  7:30s then picked up after 20.  And Brian just reminded me - were you amazed at all the carnage post 20?  People were either slogging or ground to a halt and we were passing people everywhere.  You must have been as well. 

It's even a better feeling at boston because the crowd really notices.   but sand-bagging isn't allowed

GregM

I just read Greg_C's BQ log.  Then took another look at his negative splits.  Wow!  His log understates just how impressive his splits were.  Disciplined running, through and through. 

After the first mile, which could have frazzled and distracted anyone because of the congestion, he settled down and got to work.  For the next 20 miles, he ran about as steady as anyone possibly could.  Even the slight variations appear to have been deliberate, beginning with his controlled speed at miles 2 and 3.  He then pulled back, knowing that he had already made up 16 of the 30 seconds he lost in the first mile's congestion. 

Cremer then really got down to business and hit his planned pace exactly.  For the next 17 miles, his pace stayed within a 9-second range.  But that is a small part of his story.  For 13 of those 17 miles, his pace varied less than 2 seconds per mile on average:  3 miles with no change, 3 miles with 1 second change, 4 miles with 2 seconds variation, and 3 miles with 3 seconds. 

As impressive as that is, it gets better.  Cremer's last four miles show controlled, steady acceleration. First 4, then 7, then 8 seconds faster per mile, followed by an impressive 6:25 kick.  I have to doubt if anyone in our group, even Dick, has run such a steady, controlled pace with negative splits and a strong kick to boot.  Inspiring.

Congratulations to Greg!  He hit the bullseye.

And congratulations to all of you who BQ'd this weekend, especially Lance, who did it with such perseverance and adversity, not to mention suspense!  I'm really bummed that I missed the registration, but glad for all of you who did.

Greg M.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.