Circle North

Blah blah blah I have an idea (Read 14 times)

I generally concur with Fro, a 9+min/mil run of any length is easier to work into most people's training plans than the dumb ass stuff we normally end up doing.  I also think once a month we should incorporate a 1 drink minimum at a local establishment to follow immediately after.  

Odds are I wont make both nights on a regular basis, but if Tuesday turned into this, I would be fine with that as well.

What was I chasing again?

I think it's also important to note that Doug sucks.

No, this is still in the planning stages. Definitely not starting today. I'm still collecting feedback and gathering ideas. Not getting much input beyond that people seem to like it generally.

Fro

Interestingly enough, Meriliee approached me yesterday afternoon and asked if anyone from our group would be interested in loosely planning a group run/program of sorts - so I think the Y would be interested in helping us promote some type of social effort.

Interestingly enough, Meriliee approached me yesterday afternoon and asked if anyone from our group would be interested in loosely planning a group run/program of sorts - so I think the Y would be interested in helping us promote some type of social effort.

Hmmm. I'll have to touch base with her and let her know what I have in mind. I do want to get the Y involved in publicizing the idea, but I have zero interest in turning it into part of any official Y program.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

I showed for last night's run and no one was there. #thursdayssucktoo

Fro

I showed for last night's run and no one was there. #thursdayssucktoo

You suck too...

Update... I'm now about 99% committed to the idea of actually doing this, and have started working on a promo flyer. One big question I'm pondering is whether it's the right time of year to start it, given the weather and darkness that's coming soon. I think I'd rather try to get it going anyway rather than wait until next Spring, but I imagine it will have an impact on the numbers.

I think it's also important to note that Doug sucks.

Fro said it is ok that Doug sucks, as he tried his best. #DougSucks #FroluvsU

What was I chasing again?

Fro

I'm in - I say start it now and let the chips fall as they may - might start slow, but that's OK...

Fro

Fro said it is ok that Doug sucks, as he tried his best. #DougSucks #FroluvsU

Bite me Rob - you don't just suck, you swallow.

Update... I'm now about 99% committed to the idea of actually doing this, and have started working on a promo flyer. One big question I'm pondering is whether it's the right time of year to start it, given the weather and darkness that's coming soon. I think I'd rather try to get it going anyway rather than wait until next Spring, but I imagine it will have an impact on the numbers.

Probably obvious by now, but I did decide to wait until Spring to do this, btw. I just don't think it's likely to draw much interest until then.

You should get the YMCA to do a couch to 5 k class over the winter. They could get used to running Thursday and join your runs in the spring

Probably obvious by now, but I did decide to wait until Spring to do this, btw. I just don't think it's likely to draw much interest until then.

Well, it appears to be Spring, or some reasonable facsimile thereof. Time to get the wheels turning on this, I suppose. You idiots still willing to help out now and again if this happens?

Yes