Circle North

2012 Goals (Read 878 times)

Home Away From Home

After a 2011 year of some good accomplishments and many uncrossed off it is time for me to start putting 2012 to paper to help me get prepared. 

MTA:

Heartbreak Half- Feb 18-Portland Or (Done, New 1/2 PR but still not sub 90)

Shamrock 15K- May 18th-Portland, OR (Filled up, trying to find new race, found a 6.8 mile trail run maybe)

Spring Marathon- Sugarloaf May20th - NOT YET REGISTERED BUT DOING IT

Pineland Farms-50K- May 27 - I think, I can always wimp out and go 25K

Pineland Farms Dirt Challenge-4m- June 3rd - just a fun obstacle course

Mt. Washington-June 16th - Lottery depending

Fall Marathon- Philly with the group - Nov 18th

50 Miler - Still to be determined what fits into schedule

5K- sub 19:30

10K-sub 41:00

10 Miler- sub 1:10:00

Half - sub 1:30:00

Full-Sub 3:30:00

50-Miler - Thinking maybe Vermont 50 in September sounds like fun if I am home at that point

Help out and volunteer at IM Lake Placid to cheer on Robin and Michelle.

Get back to fighting weight and even a little less (150#):

9/14/11- 170

10/31- TO fat to put on here, I was at 163 earlier in the month but not after 2 weeks of slacking off. Will have to wait a few weeks till next post to see.

11/6- OK, I sucked it up and got on the scale today after 2 days of flying and a run yesterday, 168. Not horrible but like to see may low 160 by the end of November.Undecided

12/31- I was 168 this morning.  New Years resolution, push harder to eat less, eat better and do better at weight loss.

2/28-

Run 2,500 miles at least, maybe even 3,000 in 2012:

3/31-

6/31-

9/31-

12/31-

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

1/22-boston prep

2/?-mid-wintah classic

4/16-boston burden

5/?-pineland farms somethin

7/22-IM

10/27-ghost train somethin

new year - new strategy.

this year i say goodbye to the mileage and the burden of pace. it is quite apparent that's not goin to work for me long term and with what i'm orderin.

so this year i will focus on amount of time spent in motion. i'm not on a plan and i got this from no one...just the way i need it to be. i will only have to concern myself with one thing...and that is hours divided by all events....and if that causes a struggle to meet, than that means i have to slow down.

hopefully livin in bizahro world will put me in good shape for IM but even more so for GT.

7/02 - it took less than 6 months of going above and beyond to get to the end of my life expectancy of awesomeness. wow that really blew up in my face. oh fucking well i guess... fast forward.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

159 pounds.

That is all. 

Home Away From Home

Weather here, hot as HELL.  Wish I could complai about the cold.  Time zone changes have led to very little sleep. Night before last was sleepless, the entire nioght, not one wink of sleep, needless to say no running that day.  Hopefully get some in today.  Gym is mid 90. one fan blowing on, does it help, not really. 2012 is going to be a tough year if I don't get off of here and get to where I can actually train under normal conditions. 

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

My salty dogs

After a 2011 year of some good accomplishments and many uncrossed off it is time for me to start putting 2012 to paper to help me get prepared. 

In preparation for 2012 mileage and race training:

35m/ wk x 2wks Oct wk 1 & 2    -  WEEK #1-39.5milesSmile

40m/ wk x 2wks Oct wk 3 & 4

45m/ wk x 2wks Nov wk 1 & 2

50m/ wk x 2wks Nov wk 3 & 4

Spring Marathon- TBD

Winter Classic- sub 1:12:00

Fall Marathon- TBD

5K- sub 19:30

10K-sub 41:00

Full-Sub 3:30:00

50-Miler - Pineland Farms???

Help out and volunteer at IM Lake Placid to cheer on Robin and Michelle.

Get back to fighting weight and even a little less (150#):

9/14/11- 170

10/31-

12/31-

Good start!!!

2/28-

Run 2,000 miles in 2012:

3/31-

6/31-

9/31-

12/31-

My salty dogs

Can't comment from iPad -- good start to your training Sailor

Home Away From Home

Thanks salty. Miss ya buddy.

MM#5768

My salty dogs

2012 -  Get back to 2010 shape.

2112/13 is prep for the 2014 Boston Marathon ---  21  17 months and counting --  Age 50 -- sub 2:45!!!!! Top 5 - 50+!!!!!

It's been 30 years in the making and time to do or shut up.

I'm not letting it sneak up on me -- everything between now and then is in preparation of it. 

Run 1000+ miles, (Jun 13th -- 500+)

Get "total average training pace under 8min. (Jun 13th, total= 8:02, 2012= 7:51)

Get weight under 143 and hold between 142-144.  (Jun 13th, 147)

Mile under 5:10  (Jun 13th, 5:22 and feeling better each race but not getting faster)

New Year's Day -- half marathon - under 1:30.Smile

Late Jan or early Feb-- half marathon under 1:25 Shocked

February -- sub 3hr marathon -- bring Greg in with me if not ahead of me. Big grin

July: sub 18 5K,  sub 37 10K  !!!!!!!!   (Jun 13th... NOT LOOKING GOOD --- revised -to sub 18:30 and Sub 39- unless I can find a sub 70 degree day or rain --so far everything has been in the 80s+. )

October -- sub 6 hr half Ironman , maybe sub 5:30.Big grin (5:40,  sw47,bk2:57,rn1:41)

NEXT - December: Run a half under 1:25

March Marathon -Asheville NC -  sub 2:55.

April - SIgn up for NYC marathon 2013!!! PR and shoot for sub 2:48!!!!!!!!

new qualifying times: 45-49 2:58:00 1:25:00

Sept- Sign up for 2014 Boston Marathon -- run sub 2:45 and be top 5  of 50+

2012 Hmmm??

2112/13 is prep for the 2014 Boston Marathon ---  27 months and counting --  Age 50 -- sub 2:45!!!!! Top 5 - 50+!!!!!

This will be my personal Olympics -  It's been 30 years in the making and time to do or shut up.

I'm not letting it sneak up on me -- everything between now and then is in preparation of it. 

This is awesome.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

2012 Goals / Races  /  2012 Year in Review

Goals were as follows

Primary Goals:

Goal#1:  Stay Injury Free!!!!   Grade: B-

Evaluation:  Got lazy doing rehab and strength training at the end of the Sugarloaf training cycle and sprained my ankle twice.  The first time I will give myself a pass on but the second one nearly cost me the Philly marathon running a treacherous trail race.  I managed the injuries well and it didn’t prevent my end goals.

Goal#2:  Complete First Full Marathon.  Grade: A

Evaluation:  I held off grading this after Sugarloaf as I didn’t want to count it after sitting under a tree at mile 21 for a spell.  This race was failure in my book which I took fairly well for my personality.  The Philadelphia marathons exercised those demons and achieved the time goal I had originally set for the year, so giving myself full credit.

Goal#3:  2000 Miles for the year.  Grade: A

Evaluation:  I will easily make 2500 for the year, so I shattered this.  This was due to shifting training plans from Hal Higdon Advanced to one of the more aggressive Peter Pfitzinger plans for both Marathons.   

Goal#4:  Break 20:00 for 5K.  Grade B+

Evaluation:  I did run 19:35 at Acton Fair 5K.  I felt the course was a little short, so am somewhat leery of giving myself full credit.  If I can find time before year end, perhaps I will try one more.

Other Thoughts:

A:  Run for fun. Enjoy the experiences.   Evaluation:  Enjoyed my training.

B:  Continue strength training routines.  Evaluation:  Need to do a better job here next year. Will be a focus over the winter.

Race                                    2011                       2012 Goal              Pace        Date

1. Derry 16 Miler                  NA                           2:11:00                   8:11        January 22, 2012  

2. Great Bay ½M                 1:52:04                   1:42:00                   7:46        April 7, 2012

3. Sugarloaf Marathon        NA                           3:40:00                   8:24        May 20, 2012      

4. Sanford Trail Run            20:55                        20:15                     6:31        June 4, 2011

5. Bob’s 5K – Nasson         20:17                        19:59                     6:26        July 7, 2012

6. Yankee Homecoming      1:14:20                    1:13:00                   7:18        August 7. 2012

7. Philadelphia Marathon     NA                           3:35:00                   8:13        November 18, 2012

Race Notes:

1. Skipped due to concerns over icy conditions.

2. Set new PR by 10m. Actual was 1:37:30

3. Bombed this due to heat and poor race strategy.  Was pretty disappointed all the way around, but trained well.

4-6.  Skipped due to work and having to go to the Philippines.  Broke 20m at Acton 5K and Ran in Mill City Relay for WCRC. (will update with that result.)

7. Philly went great.  I might have been able to run faster as I finished strong but was happy with the result and made the original year end goal and beat it by almost 3 minutes getting a 3:32:01.  I can work to break 3:30 from there next year.

Edit 11/21/2012

What was I chasing again?

159 pounds.

That is all. 

this is a good move.

cause it will be the only thing u fail...and you can always lie and no one will know the difference.

i just saw you drivin down 109 by mini golf...i beeped, waved and even swerved into your lane but you were distracted by your damn phone so you didn't see the big red truck almost squash you like a grape.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Home Away From Home

So last year was just under 1800m, I have just under 1400 already. I need about 624m to get 2K for the year, that is 178 a month from here on out. It avg to about 44.5m a week.  I think I can do this, that is my goal for now, 2K for the year, more is better but we start here.

MM#5768