Circle North

Cuch's Ghost Train Trail Run Support Page (Read 284 times)

Home Away From Home

L, Cremer-

Figured I would start a topic for us to work out the details of us pacers.  Just wanted to know what arrangements you guys where planning for this race. Are we arriving morning of and hanging out till our turn to take a few laps or are we arriving later in the day just before we start our pacing?   Website says we can only pace the last 2 laps (30 miles) doesn't say she can't have 2 of us on one lap though. Kinda sucks she has to go 70 to get a pacer :-(   Oh well let me know your thoughts. Allycia is coming as well so we can set up a cuchy support station somewhere.

It seems a bit far to drive down the morning of and be there for the start so we either have to go the night before and stay somewhere or leave in the AM of race day and get there for evening/night pacing.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Website says we can only pace the last 2 laps (30 miles) doesn't say she can't have 2 of us on one lap though. Kinda sucks she has to go 70 to get a pacer :-(  

WHAT?! ooooh noooo. i'm doomed. 

i better start doing some homework...but think about this guys, in light of this new information, are you going to want to see me for some minutes, wait around for 3 hours, see me for some minutes, wait around for 4 hours....and so on? i can have c call you guys when i'm on 4th lap or so, then you guys come? then this won't ruin your whole w/e and L can spend his birthday however he pleases. i'm just making that suggestion. i feel like this is going to be a big burden for you guys now that i can't have anyone till mile 70 or whatever it is.

crap.

mta...how cool it is to have my own support thread! Smile

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Home Away From Home

mta...how cool it is to have my own support thread! Smile

I am thinking at this point at least, that as a support crew member I would like to be there for the whole thing, partly just to cheer for you even if a few minutes every time, at least you know you have somewhere there, sounds like you can also access the trail at 3 other spots along the trail so maybe see us more then once in a loop.

I am also kinda interested in just hanging out and cheering and watching others as well.  Not just a Cuch support crew member but an everyone support crew member, of course this depends somewhat on my wonderful other half but I think she is came, she kinda likes cheering and watching everyone even if she complains about it in public.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

ok then awesome. it will help knowing people will be there the whole time so i will be selfish from now on and look only to my own needs...and need #1 is that i need you guys there.Smile

i commited to running the full hundred at least that is what i signed up for? so hopefully they will let people out with me before 70 miles? i don't know, i still haven't done my homework. 

mta...ya ok i just read that if i do 105 miles, 7 full laps i can have people all day i guess. what's 5 more miles after all that?

Home Away From Home

mta...ya ok i just read that if i do 105 miles, 7 full laps i can have people all day i guess. what's 5 more miles after all that?

That really is a good point, if it gets you all day pacers and company, what is 5 more miles after you have done a 100. 

MM#5768

Home Away From Home

If yo uhave seen my rather pathetic running log lately from work, i am not there, I can barely get 15 a week at this point, this project is keeping me working to much. Thanks for the offer though, I am interested though in Pineland 50m next year for sure, I had a ball at the 50K

MM#5768

Home Away From Home

So, if 105 that is 7 out and backs, 3 pacers, that is 2 laps each and then we have to figure who does the last one, maybe someone goes out 7.5 and then a new one for 7.5 back.  Who knows, maybe are all so excited we all run back the last 7.5 to see you across the line. UUMM things to think about.

MM#5768

UUMM things to think about.

pretty sure i won't be thinking anything good at that point and there is a very good chance i'll turn into a head spinning, bile spitting, banshee, shouting loud f-bombs at leaves that happen to blow by.

you guys can fight over the spoils and figure out who wants to risk being conked over the head with a log. that's what i'm paying you for. Wink

Yeah 30 miles of that sounds excellent and everything, but I'll take the last 15 and call it good, thank you very much.

MTA: Ok, the truth is, it's a week after Baystate and I'll be in lazy bastard mode and 30 is like, really far and stuff. Heh.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

you guys can fight over the spoils and figure out who wants to risk being conked over the head with a log. that's what i'm paying you for. Wink

Seems to me this job is best suited for whoever you'd most like to conk in the head. 

I'm not there for the entire 30 hours or whatever, but I'm in for two loops with a loop in between, likely in the middle of the night or early AM.  If there's other crewing type stuff necessary I'm in for that too.     

with the 3 of you, c and allycia i'll be in the best shape as far as support goes. is there anyone else here thinking of coming? there is a 15 miler option on sunday if you wanted to just race that, if it aint sold out.

so i just remembered it is also sailahs bday as well...i'll have to remember to get cake. 

Home Away From Home

so i just remembered it is also sailahs bday as well...i'll have to remember to get cake. 

No better way to spend a B'day then on the trails with friends.

MM#5768

ok boys...i just emailed steve(GT guy) regarding pacing and such. i'll let you know what he says and any decisions i make regarding the answers.

Home Away From Home

Awaiting orders boss

MM#5768