Circle North

Mt. Washington Road Race (Read 345 times)

Hey all,

Circle North has a big group running Mt Washington on 6/20 . Linda, Becky, Tom, Laurie, Jake, and Greg G. are running. The Winner's Circle sponsors the first waterstop at mile 1.2, I'm working the waterstop.

If you haven't been to this race before, it's just an awesome experience. Running club tents everywhere, post-race party hosted by the WCRC. Volunteers are still welcome to work the waterstop and drive runners down from the mountain if anyone is interested. 

http://picasaweb.google.com/kaybeeinnh/MtWashington?authkey=obYdXSFtC7g#

http://www.mountwashingtonroadrace.com/

I'm still up in the air...so to speak!! I got the doctor's OK to attempt running on treadmill, but no mention of a Mountain in that discussion. Time will tell.

Think Kibba had a video on U-tube from a few years back too...eh?

GregM

I gather Laurie is also not running due to her injury.  Does this mean there are two open spots up for grabs?  If so, I might go out on a limb and try the climb ...

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

numbers at the mountain are non transferable and watched closely ,

resulting in being banned from future Mt Wash races if caught by the

mountain police

L Train

Why am I picturing the scene from the Untouchables with the Mounties on horses running down and shooting unsuspecting number-transferors?

Bob Teschek himself tried to pull me out of the race

when I forgot to pin my number on one year

the scene actually captured on the official race video

on the final turn to the finish

L Train

Bob Teschek himself tried to pull me out of the race 

I think the key word here is "tried" and it sounds like it could make a good story.  Like whathisname trying to drag whatshername out of the Boston Marathon.

"Beep, Beep!"

Good luck to all the Circle North crew. Run strong!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Uggghhh!!

Thank God that's over with.......doubled my mileage for the month in 1-day...LOL

Circle North completes the race!! Jake is no longer a Virgin (the "mountain"....jeesh...get your minds out of the gutter...he heSmile.

Results are posted...I'm icing!!

Something tells me Becky is not looking forward to next year...apparently running up a mountain isn't the best way to find out you have exercise induced asthma. Thank God for Sam Adam's!!

L Train

Great job to all of you - can't imagine running up that big hill.  Tom, glad to hear you got through it.