Circle North

Sugarloaf Marathon (Read 391 times)

"Beep, Beep!"

Thanks all... Quite the hill mile 8-10, and what a mother downhill at 10.5!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

My salty dogs

Where are the auto updates?

Man this is frustrating. They have a "live" results link, but no familiar names yet, and some of the times they are showing are not even possible, because they would be about 20 minutes from now, assuming the race started on time. So it's pretty much worthless data at this point. Aaaarrggghhhh.

MTA: Ok it's updating and filling in some names now, still not sure how accurate any of it is, though... (It's still showing some people's times that could only be possible if they were time-travellers, and some names aren't there yet at all...)

LIVE FINISH RESULTS - UNOFFICIAL

129 7/13 104/194 671 David THEOHARIDES 58 MEN 55-59 Sanford ME 3:35:46.8 8:15
        142 9/13 114/194 222 Tom GADBOIS 56 MEN 55-59 Alfred ME 3:39:14.6 8:23
        182 28/35 141/194 378 Michael LECOMPTE 35 MEN 35-39 Sanford ME 3:46:48.3 8:40
        206 7/11 55/86 649 Jeanne STAMPFELTAYLOR 45 WOMEN 45-49 Sanford ME 3:50:10.7 8:48
        214 15/23 156/203 37 Doug BEAULIEU 47 MEN 45-49 West Newfield ME 3:51:34.9

8:51

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

Those results are still listed as unofficial, but it looks like they are standing.

Congrats all.  Tom ad Dave, way to get that BQ, and Sailor, that is an awesome time given what you have gone through.  TD, that's a great time too and hope you are nice and inflamed. 

Doug, man.  I need to hear about this.  You deserved better. 

And I still can't find Rob, which worries me.

L Train

Damn, got him.

355 49/59 238/311 321 Robert KABERLE 42 MEN 40-44 Sanford ME 4:20:42.2 9:58

I'm seriously in like sympathetic mourning right now for both of you.  Hope everyone is physically OK. 

My salty dogs

Those results are still listed as unofficial, but it looks like they are standing.

Congrats all.  Tom, way to get that BQ, and Sailor, that is an awesome time given what you have gone through.  TD, that's a great time too and hope you are nice and inflamed. 

Doug, man.  I need to hear about this.  You deserved better. 

And I still can't find Rob, which worries me.

I'm raising a glass to you all!! Cheers!

sooo...the best way to train for a marathon is not train for a fuckin marathon. got it.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

The same is probably true for 100 milers.

The same is probably true for 100 milers.

nope.

i'm happy for those who got what they were aftah...and very somethin else for those who did not. 

congrat's to all though.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

GregM

Damn, got him.

355 49/59 238/311 321 Robert KABERLE 42 MEN 40-44 Sanford ME 4:20:42.2 9:58

I'm seriously in like sympathetic mourning right now for both of you.  Hope everyone is physically OK. 

Well, L Train has it right here.  I had Rob and Doug finishing 1 and 2, only because they are younger and have more mileage in (I think) than Tall Dave and Tom. So I'm guessing there was some injury or cramping going on.  Guess we'll know soon enough.  Very sorry that both of you did not get the BQ that's in you. 

Michael, you have to feel pretty good given the lack of training.

Dave and Tom, congrats on the BQ.  You both should be celebrating now. 

Looking forward to the reports from all.  Get well soon to those of you who may be injured.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Home Away From Home

All- Allycia has pictures of the race, where do you want them posted, FB or emailed out to you?

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

"Beep, Beep!"

Could put them on photbucket and share link?

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

"Beep, Beep!"

Hey Michael, Did Allycia ever put pics on photobucket or just FB.