Circle North

Maine Coast Marathon 2014 (Read 21 times)

Well, I believe that Rob is the last one yet to come out and declare his participation in this year's MCM.  Just do it, all the cool kids are.

L Train

The Y is putting together a board for the MCM2014 Runners. Please send Kim Gerth (Cremer's Kim) a photo of yourself via email (janggama@gmail.com) or she will find the first/worst on the web and plaster that on the HUGE wall here. Thanks for your kind cooperation...or not, but the penalty may be severe.

Really hoping egad's pic is from today, maybe wearing a nice slinky dress.

Nice. Real nice. Guess you can only contain the A-hole for so long.

Really hoping egad's pic is from today, maybe wearing a nice slinky dress.

GregM

Just transferred my registration to Jimbo.  GLTA.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Sorry, Greg.

Just transferred my registration to Jimbo.  GLTA.

12 Days, my friend.

"L-Train, I don't care what your grandfather thinks about me, ok? All I care about is you. Now you lost back there because you beat yourself. You let yourself get beat. I know you can do it. You're a special kid... But you're also a spoiled, rich brat who's always had everything done for him. Now it's time to do it for yourself, Lance, and you can do it. Because I'm tellin' you, the world meets nobody halfway. Do you understand what that means? If you want it, L, you gotta take it. Do you hear me? You gotta take it! Go out there and try... I know you can win. But even if you don't, so what? So you lose. As long as you lose like a winner, it doesn't matter, because you did it with dignity. I'm telling you, if you don't go out there, you're gonna be sorry, you're gonna regret it your whole life. You know what I mean? Come on, I know you can do it. Will you do it for me? Come on, let's get it!"

L Train

I'm not so enthused about people coming up and patting me on the back saying "you're the best". I don't need people to do that to me. If I win, its because I wanted to be the best one time in my life.

L Train

Mike's choices for tomorrow:

#1 - 3 up, 3 x 1 mile at 6:30 with 2 minute rests, 2 down

#2 - 2 up, 6 x 1 mile at 7:00 with 1 minute rests, 1 down

#3 - 2 up, 4 x 2 at 7:10 with 2 minute rests, 1 down

#4 - 2 up 2 x 3 at 7:00 with 1 mile rest, 1 down

#5 - screw this.

My practices aren't designed for your enjoyment

#5 - screw this.

#2, I better get some rest.

L Train

#2, I better get some rest.

Oh hell you had to pick the hardest one?

I had better go to bed now.

In the Athlete's letter that went out this morning, they pointed out that there is live timing provided this year.  You can download the app at http://www.allsportsevents.com/.  Most who are reading this are probably running the marathon, but if your friend or family member would like to track runners, they can simply open the app, go to the event, search for athlete and add that athlete to the favorites for easy access.  I believe it is only going to give the half marathon and finish times.

Thanks E.  I have a few friends who are running this so it will come in handy while I am attending various Mother's Day activities.

In the Athlete's letter that went out this morning, they pointed out that there is live timing provided this year.  You can download the app at http://www.allsportsevents.com/.  Most who are reading this are probably running the marathon, but if your friend or family member would like to track runners, they can simply open the app, go to the event, search for athlete and add that athlete to the favorites for easy access.  I believe it is only going to give the half marathon and finish times.

L Train

Has anyone thought about a plan to go to the Expo on Saturday?  I'm sort of flexible, guess I would prefer earlier rather than later.  We can all go individually but seems like a waste of gas.

mta:  Here, in true catherding fashion, I will be leaving at 11:45AM (time still subject to change, could be as late as 1:30) to go to the expo.  I have room for 5 more if I use the 3rd row seat in Diane's car, which I can do because you people shouldn't be all sweaty yet.  So, if you want me to go to the Y and carpool, let me know.  First 5 in.

And, from the website:

If you want someone else to pick up your bib number and race shirt at the Expo on Saturday then you need to photocopy your license and write a note authorizing this person to pick up your shirt and bib number.   On the photocopy include the name of the person you are authorizing and include your signature.

If anyone (Greg?) needs me to do this, follow the directions and then give to me tomorrow at group run or some other time before Saturday.

Thanks Lance. Eric and I will be herding along three minions so I guess we already have a full car, otherwise it would have been great to get in on that sweet white ride. See you at the expo.