Circle North

PRESENTING... (Read 19 times)

L Train

The larger Moroccans are more tender.

So, here's the deal. My training plan calls for me to do a tune-up race on Saturday, March 7'th of any distance I want between 8k and 15k. I'm supposed to do it full-out, preferably in an actual race. Since there is no such race that I can make that day, I've come up with Plan B, and that's where you come in...

THE FIRST ANNUAL CIRCLE NORTH VIRTUAL FAKE RACE!!!

The date: Saturday, March 7'th, 2015.

The distance: 5 miles.

The venue: Anywhere you want. Inside, outside, at home, the Y, whatever.

The time: Anytime you want that day.

The rules: As you can see above, you can run the distance pretty much anytime, anywhere that day. The catch is that, on the honor system, nobody is allowed to come on RA and log stalk the other participants times until AFTER they themselves have run. This is, after all, a race. If you do it at the Y and somebody else is in there doing it at the same time, the honor system applies there too, no peeking at their display. Everybody runs blind, nobody knows what anybody else ran until after the fact. You run the best time you can, and post it.

Yes, this is entirely self-serving for me and my plan but I think it could be fun, too. The following day is the cat-herding run from my house and I will award a prize to the winner, and probably some other prizes as well. You need not show up at my house to claim your prize, but it'd be a lot cooler if you did.

So, who's in??? (If you are in, please let me know before the day of the race.)

OFFICIAL ENTRANTS  and RESULTS

Greg C - 31:44

Mad-Mike - 33:04

Fro - 36:30

Rob_K - 31:40

rcuch - 40:09

beaulieume - 36:36

ACrosby - DNS (injured)

Scorepio - 32:17.14

gadman - 47:45

L Train - 33:10

Greg2 - 32:12

Randall - 49:20 (5k pace conversion)

it is march 7th, 2016 and so brings a conclusion to project, "fuck you". randall only has data up until 1/1/16. i can only collect what i can find, so tough shit . it ends today.

these are miles raced per the fake race year and i thank you for your participation.

starting @ cn's virtual fake race 3/7/15;

greg c - 150

mad_mike - 70

fro - 141

rob_k - 27

beaulieume - 112

scorepio - 53

gadman - 36

l train - 43

greg2 - 121

randall  - http://www.athlinks.com/Athletes/60066701 - 137

ha, cremah ended up with the highest total according to what i see here...even with all the foot troubles.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Huh, weird. Wouldn't have guessed that. Feels like I barely raced at all last year. I definitely did less total races than usual. Most of that total comes from 3 marathons. Do I win something?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Fro

I demand a recount - Tee hee heeee.....

Do I win something?

yes but i still owe you beers...from kayak man....soooo

for now there is this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJgcXw162Lc

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

That amused me, mostly because you could tell he was trying so hard to remember how the song goes. I totally thought something bad was gonna happen to the cat.

The CNVFR just might be coming back this year. I have an idea. Kinda the same but also completely different. Stay tuned.