Circle North

Cool quotes from a book (Read 73 times)

Home Away From Home

So I am reading this book, just started last night, "The Lure of Long Distance: Why We Run". So far a good read but it has some great quotes.  I got my kindle for Christmas and have not stored any quotes after redaing 13 books on it, now I have a few i thought I would share:

"I had not drunk anything since the cup of tea at breakfast, and even when I started pissing blood I had not become worried. It was not the first time this had happened and as alarming as it was to discover that the kidneys had started to process themselves, I kept reminding myself - I am a runner"

"This is what I do"

"After a brief moment of relief the flesh would then fold, exposing raw skin and another blister would form in its place. However, this pain pales into mild irritation compared to the nipple rawness as the material of my top rubbed against my nipples and blood ran down my chest"

"A childish enthusiasm had prevented me from seeing that a  marathon is really a spectator sport, and a false scale against which to measure our true capacity"

"What long-distance running is truly about is measuring ourselves against a challenge that exceeds simple arithmetic, covering miles that we had not necessarily foreseen. it is knowing how to cope when the world turns against you."

"No matter what the distance covered or the time on the road, the pleasure of empowerment that comes with the accomplishment of a challenge is always profound and rewarding."

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

L Train

Cool stuff.l  Though the only part of it I can really relate to is the bloody nips. 

Home Away From Home

Cool stuff.l  Though the only part of it I can really relate to is the bloody nips. 

Been there too buddy

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.