Circle North

PRESENTING... (Read 19 times)

So, here's the deal. My training plan calls for me to do a tune-up race on Saturday, March 7'th of any distance I want between 8k and 15k. I'm supposed to do it full-out, preferably in an actual race. Since there is no such race that I can make that day, I've come up with Plan B, and that's where you come in...

THE FIRST ANNUAL CIRCLE NORTH VIRTUAL FAKE RACE!!!

The date: Saturday, March 7'th, 2015.

The distance: 5 miles.

The venue: Anywhere you want. Inside, outside, at home, the Y, whatever.

The time: Anytime you want that day.

The rules: As you can see above, you can run the distance pretty much anytime, anywhere that day. The catch is that, on the honor system, nobody is allowed to come on RA and log stalk the other participants times until AFTER they themselves have run. This is, after all, a race. If you do it at the Y and somebody else is in there doing it at the same time, the honor system applies there too, no peeking at their display. Everybody runs blind, nobody knows what anybody else ran until after the fact. You run the best time you can, and post it.

Yes, this is entirely self-serving for me and my plan but I think it could be fun, too. The following day is the cat-herding run from my house and I will award a prize to the winner, and probably some other prizes as well. You need not show up at my house to claim your prize, but it'd be a lot cooler if you did.

So, who's in??? (If you are in, please let me know before the day of the race.)

OFFICIAL ENTRANTS  and RESULTS

Greg C - 31:44

Mad-Mike - 33:04

Fro - 36:30

Rob_K - 31:40

rcuch - 40:09

beaulieume - 36:36

ACrosby - DNS (injured)

Scorepio - 32:17.14

gadman - 47:45

L Train - 33:10

Greg2 - 32:12

Randall - 49:20 (5k pace conversion)

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

I've sent the race director a few questions.  Most importantly, do I get a t shirt and post race Cronut?

Fro

What an awesome idea. Due to my schedule (running 20) on sunday and closeness to the green weed, I'm out - grrr. Good luck all.

Question - is the herding event this sunday at Cremer's or Eric and Gwen's? I can actually make it this week!

You can wear a t-shirt. There will be pastries and beer at the awards ceremony.

(Fro, this week (3/1) the cat-herding run is at Gwen and Eric's. Mine is on the 8'th)

ACrosby

Bogus. Greg I love you but this idea has bullshit all over it.

Nope A, it's a race, and I will be trying to crush you all. Full effort, no excuses. Bwahahahahaha.

I love a good fake race count me in.

Bogus. Greg I love you but this idea has bullshit all over it.

i have to agree w/crosby on this only for different reasons...not the love part since i don't care for u much. at all. i once again am getting the social shaft. this is total bullshit and not all over it. it is about as fair as me conducting an 8 mile swim race or a 400 mile bike ride....in fact....

i am only in if i can swim my race and divide my time by 5. or swim the 5 mile run equivelent which is one and have the same benefits all u pace chaser runners have to bragging rights.

i won't even mention the bike as an option cause none of u can do it.

mta........actually i can if i bike the 5 mile running equivelent...15 miles. but swimmimg 5 miles has that inflatable factor.

love making the ho-hum hum drum. haha.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

oh and by the way...i'm just bullshitting myself...so carry on with your shit...don't be scared.

Much like every other race ever thought up by anybody anywhere ever, this is not going to appeal to everyone. And that's okay. Do it or don't do it. Make yourself happy.

Much like every other race ever thought up by anybody anywhere ever, this is not going to appeal to everyone. And that's okay. Do it or don't do it. Make yourself happy.

u know i'll do what makes me happy cremah. stabbing a knife into thin air and twisting it about as i often do in here is where i get my greatest thrills. thanks for setting me up... it occupied like 15 minutes of spinning time.

i have a really cool way to include me in this race...i will put up 5 bucks for everyone who races as per cremah's conditions. i will then take those monies and hand it over to anton ''the californian guitarman". there. as u can see...time/pace don't matter here, ur participation does. walk it if u need to. u have zero to lose.

thank you.

oh...anton is a real person who is in hard times. everyday he plays his guitar for passerbys to make money to make it thru the day. for more info on anton read gadman's log.

Fro

Love this idea - with that, I'm in and will contribute my fee and some more - I would love to contribute to the Anton fund. Tom - would you be willing and able to deliver???

GregM

There will be pastries and beer at the awards ceremony.

Was that pasties and beer?  If so, I'm in.

If not, I'm in even for pastries.  Great idea!

BTW, I'll miss Eric & Gwen's group run (out of town) but will make yours, Greg.

Looking forward to both your events!

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

GregM

For those who worry about other people's paces, I think we could have a handicap system.  Use your most recent race and a pace converter and a spreadsheet.  Cremer, that sounds like something you can easily arrange.  Heck, we might even see Cuch, although I'm not sure how you convert an Anvil.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.