Circle North

Boston 2012 (Read 318 times)

GregM

High
    87°F

McCullough may not even need his hat and gloves.  Another 3 degrees and he can drop the windbreaker. Big grin

The windbreaker is off.  I'll be in shorts and a singlet.  Never done that for a marathon. Can't wait!

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

oh ya...good luck.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

option 2.....

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=zaz7upcab&v=001YCG7_2nRMIpaeNOfvwWabn-L4VDr8Xnzt5v94ZqHIc5xVpQoxkSnX2cLMvYWA0mJpXAjqN5eIxGiWbakBb4Q_oZnX0PgIl3pNTwEmwnluliAY5jUQWI9G2j-qB2cTNqbN4xSOKi4vnY%3D

hmmmmm. 

rcuch-"no thanks!"

slick you need to think about the hutch ur leanin against....u may need that rabbit aftah all.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

My salty dogs

Looks like picked the right year to skip. I hope I'm not right and things end up being cooler.

2004 nearly killed me -- no kidding!!  Even 05, and 06 were warm.  

Starting at 10 and not noon should help some.

Good Luck to all!!!!!

Who is in???

L Train

option 2.....

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=zaz7upcab&v=001YCG7_2nRMIpaeNOfvwWabn-L4VDr8Xnzt5v94ZqHIc5xVpQoxkSnX2cLMvYWA0mJpXAjqN5eIxGiWbakBb4Q_oZnX0PgIl3pNTwEmwnluliAY5jUQWI9G2j-qB2cTNqbN4xSOKi4vnY%3D

hmmmmm. 

rcuch-"no thanks!"

slick you need to think about the hutch ur leanin against....u may need that rabbit aftah all.

This is incredible but my goal is 2014 anyway. I guess my chances of getting a wc entry for 2013 are even less. Pffft.

L Train

2013 is supposed to be the year of the 100 miler anyway.

2013 is supposed to be the year of the 100 miler anyway.

Damn right. (Also, am I the rabbit?)

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

In cuch's comicbook story, yes.

"Beep, Beep!"

Notice to all 2012 Boston Marathon participants We are looking closely at the current weather situation which is projected  to be quite warm. The B.A.A. is closely monitoring this situation for for race day decisions. If the temperatures reach certain levels, running will put even the most fit athletes at risk for heat injury.   We are now making the recommendation that if you are not highly fit or if you have any underlying medical conditions (for example-cardiac disease, pulmonary disease or any of a number of medical problems), you should NOT run this race.  Inexperienced marathoners should not run.  Those who have only trained in a cooler climate and who may not be acclimated (for at least the last 10 days) to warm weather running conditions should also consider not running.  For those very fit athletes who decide to run, you should take significant precautions: Run at a slower pace and maintain hydration. You should frequently take breaks by walking instead of running. This will not be a day to run a personal best.  If you choose to run, run safely above all else. Speed can kill. Heat stroke is a serious issue and is related to intensity of running as well as the heat and humidity. Good hydration is important but over hydration can also be a problem. Thirst is an indication that you are under-hydrated. You should maintain hydration levels slightly greater than your hydration program in your training, but not excessively so. Even the fittest athletes, that take precautions can still suffer serious heat illness. Recognizing symptoms of heat illness in yourself and others is critical , this may include headaches, dizziness, confusion, fatigue, nausea and vomiting. If you experience any of these, stop running immediately and if symptoms persist seek medical attention. Boston Marathon Co-Medical Directors, Dr. Pierre d'Hemecourt and Dr. Sophia Dyer

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

My salty dogs

Notice to all 2012 Boston Marathon participants We are looking closely at the current weather situation which is projected  to be quite warm. The B.A.A. is closely monitoring this situation for for race day decisions. If the temperatures reach certain levels, running will put even the most fit athletes at risk for heat injury.   We are now making the recommendation that if you are not highly fit or if you have any underlying medical conditions (for example-cardiac disease, pulmonary disease or any of a number of medical problems), you should NOT run this race.  Inexperienced marathoners should not run.  Those who have only trained in a cooler climate and who may not be acclimated (for at least the last 10 days) to warm weather running conditions should also consider not running.  For those very fit athletes who decide to run, you should take significant precautions: Run at a slower pace and maintain hydration. You should frequently take breaks by walking instead of running. This will not be a day to run a personal best.  If you choose to run, run safely above all else. Speed can kill. Heat stroke is a serious issue and is related to intensity of running as well as the heat and humidity. Good hydration is important but over hydration can also be a problem. Thirst is an indication that you are under-hydrated. You should maintain hydration levels slightly greater than your hydration program in your training, but not excessively so. Even the fittest athletes, that take precautions can still suffer serious heat illness. Recognizing symptoms of heat illness in yourself and others is critical , this may include headaches, dizziness, confusion, fatigue, nausea and vomiting. If you experience any of these, stop running immediately and if symptoms persist seek medical attention. Boston Marathon Co-Medical Directors, Dr. Pierre d'Hemecourt and Dr. Sophia Dyer

Anyone can do it under ideal conditions!!!  

"Beep, Beep!"

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

L Train

Strange emotions for me this evening.  On one hand, I'm very happy to not be trying to run this race tomorrow.  On the other, it's weird seeing my friends all go off and do this thing that will be very difficult but also very memorable - sort of a loss of an opportunity for a shared experience. 

Good luck tomorrow and stay safe, all. 

"Beep, Beep!"

Will miss have you with us L Train.

GregM

Thanks, Lance.  Look forward to racing with you soon.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

gadman

Will miss have you with us L Train.

Ditto