Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

"Beep, Beep!"

Good luck all at Derry tomorrow. Stay warm and kick hard!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

WOW great job CN at derry!

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

My salty dogs

It was an awesome day!  Great to go with the group.  I can't always devote the time to do that but it was a big motivator to have others support and to support them.
          is that a body bag?

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

I wondered that myself.

My salty dogs

is that a body bag?

Sandbag... it is for someone else's benefit.

Very well done, all. Dave, 6:30 pace? For a hilly 16 miler in January? Good lord. This is your year, I think. The fact that I run with you people and you did so well gives me hope for this years races.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

My salty dogs

Very well done, all. Dave, 6:30 pace? For a hilly 16 miler in January? Good lord. This is your year, I think. The fact that I run with you people and you did so well gives me hope for this years races.

Thanks I was extremely please. Hard to compare since the other years I have run it the roads were really slippery.

My real test will be at the Hampton 1/2.  I ran a 1:22:50 last year --- a course PR of 1-2 minutes there will provide more insight.

L Train

"Beep, Beep!"

Pretty tough looking crowd... Thanks for sharing the pix!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

My salty dogs

What no race report!!!!   Let hear it!
                        L Train

Dave - Nice race and awesome PR.  I look forward to hearing more about it.  But seing a guy like you PR at your age is phenomenal to me.  Now you will be forced to look at that Boston time.

Greg - to run a 1:38 while running "comfortably" while humming some showtunes on your iPod means you have officially passed my skill level.  What a a freakin race and you downplay it.  That's great and I'm really happy for you.  

I need to get to work.    

Race Report - Half at the Hamptons

FEMALE AGE GROUP:  40 - 44
                            Place    Name              Age     City       St   Net Time
                                1 LAURIE GAUDREAU      40 YORK BEACH      ME 1:32:40

MALE AGE GROUP:  45 - 49
                            Place    Name              Age     City       St   Net Time
                                1 DAVID SALTMARSH      45 SPRINGVALE      ME 1:21:28

MALE AGE GROUP:  70 - 99

2 BOB RANDALL          72 SPRINGVALE      ME 2:13:21

140  25/96   M4044 GREGORY CREMER        43 M   295   Sanford         ME 1:38:11.88 1:38:16.21  7:31

358  17/99   F4044 MICHELLE SHERMAN      44 F   1142  Springvale      ME 1:49:19.89 1:49:23.30  8:22

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

"Beep, Beep!"

Nic e job CN runners. Cremer, you ran too fast! Nice job!

GregM

My real test will be at the Hampton 1/2.  I ran a 1:22:50 last year --- a course PR of 1-2 minutes there will provide more insight.

Place Div/Tot Div Name Age Sex Bib City St Time Gun Time Pace 
                                10 1/64 M4549 DAVID SALTMARSH 45 M 1096 Springvale ME 1:21:26.25 1:21:27.55 6:14
                                CONGRATULATIONS, Salty!  You're on a roll.  Boston awaits ...

Next, coming off a 1:38:21.9 three weeks ago at Key West, FL:
                                73 1/99 F4044 LAURIE GAUDREAU 40 F 446 York Beach ME 1:32:35.76 1:32:39.04 7:05
                                NICE WORK, Laurie!  Looks like you're getting healthy.  Get ready, Boston!  Hope I can keep up ...

And how 'bout this:

140 25/96 M4044 GREGORY CREMER 43 M 295 Sanford ME 1:38:11.88 1:38:16.21 7:31
                                Only a second off his 10-mile pace and significantly higher overall and in his division 
                                than just two weeks ago at Cape Elizabeth:
                                (182 30/75 M4044 Gregory Cremer 43 M SANFORD ME 1:14:58 7:30)

358 17/99 F4044 MICHELLE SHERMAN 44 F 1142 Springvale ME 1:49:19.89 1:49:23.30 8:22 
                                Three seconds FASTER than her 10-mile pace and even higher in her division than two weeks ago:
                                (390 21/61 F4044 Michelle Sherman 44 F SPRINGVALE ME 1:24:06 8:25)
                                Had to save the best for last, Michelle.  Great job!

P.S.  I forgot to mention our grand master:
                                881 2/2 M7099 BOB RANDALL 72 M 1028 SPRINGVALE ME 2:13:16.91 2:13:20.68 10:11 
                                We can only HOPE to do as well in 30 years!

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.