Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

Great job Greg!

The culmination of alot of hard work on your part.  Congrats on a great race.

MacJim

Good job Greg! I know how it is to run on shaky hamstrings. Now go to sleep and we'll see you in the spring.

Thanks everybody. I did the best I could do with what I had today. Looks like some mighty fine racin' was done around here while I was away. Now I must rest.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Impressive Run Greg!!!  Congrats on smashing you PR.

What was I chasing again?

Backtracking a little because I just happened to stumble upon this online, thought it would be cool to post it (Sorry, no pic of Michael, but he's probably standing nearby or something)... Pretty cool.

Farm to Farm 50-Miler

Posted on October 14, 2012 by Bob Aube

<dl><dt></dt></dl>

Despite overcast skies, rain held off for most of the day as 30 runners competing as individuals and three relay teams took part in the second annual farm to Farm to Farm Ultra Run.

Ying Tao, 27, of Maynard, Mass., not only won the women’s division in the 50-Miler, but also finished first overall in 8 hours, 4 minutes and 49 seconds. Jonathan Hodgson, 39, of Arlington, Mass., was the first male finisher (10:05:06), and Elizabeth Gillis, 24, of Winchester, Mass., placed third overall (10:23:07).

Mike LeCompte, 35, of Sanford took the overall title in the 50K (5:05:01). Meg Estabrook, 43, of Yarmouth won the women’s division and was second overall (5:33:51).

Nathan Fredette, 28, of Newington, N.H., won the 25K (1:53:44), and Carrie McCusker, 43, of Cape Elizabeth placed first in the women’s division (1:56:42).

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

GregM

In celebrating Greg's marathon PR, I left out Lance's improved half performance:

109 15/94 HM4044 LANCE HOENIG Springvale ME 43 M 4504 1:33:48.9 7:10 1:33:55.0

While not yet breaching his PR at Hampton last year (1:29:22), it's still six minutes faster than last month. 

Do I see a marathon PR in Philly?

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

GregM

Harvest Half Marathon Oct. 21, 2012 Half-Marathon(USATF Certified #ME12012JK) Biddeford, ME

Place Div/Tot Div Guntime Nettime Pace Name Ag S Race# Team ===== ======== ===== ======= ======= ===== ====================== == = ===== ======================================== 8 1/10 M4549 1:28:27 1:28:26 6:45 Jim MacPhee 49 M 12

CONGRATULATIONS, JIM! First in your division and a good lead in to Philly! Not bad on a trail surface.

Too bad you're not 100%. Otherwise you might have been sub 1:25!

GregM

Grahamtastic 5K - Sanford, Maine - October 21, 2012
                    Place Name Age S City St Time Pace ===== =================== === = ==================== == ======= ===== 1 Gabrielle Cyr 26 F Presque Isle ME 18:42 6:01 2 Yasake Baba 15 M Acton ME 18:43 6:02 3 Bryant Perkins 18 M Sanford ME 18:43 6:02 4 Eric Gadbois 35 M Springvale ME 20:04 6:28

CONGRATULATIONS, ERIC! First in your division and fourth overall. Heck, you almost went sub-20!

Weren't you running a 25:00 plus 5k only months ago?

Yes that its true...I was expecting to see you there on Sunday Greg.

L Train

While not yet breaching his PR at Hampton last year (1:29:22), it's still six minutes faster than last month. 

All signs point to no.  I certainly haven't earned it by training for it.  So yeah, probably.  I'd guess odd are against.  That's why it'll happen. 

Let's put it this way.  Vegas has the same line for me PRing at Philly as they do monkeys flying out of my butt on that same exact day.   Look it up.

And come on.  1:34 is light years from 1:29, and whatever that was a month ago was just ridiculous. 

But, you know, thanks. 

And Jimbo, you did exactly what you said and then some.  That has to feel good. 

I don't want to race egad right now, especially in a 5K. 

And lost in all of this is the most impressive performance of all - a nearly 7 minute (!!!) PR in the half at the Harvest Half for Johnny Cash fan in the group.  I don't want to race him either.  In fact, I don't want to race any of you. 

Good morning. 

In celebrating Greg's marathon PR, I left out Lance's improved half performance:

109 15/94 HM4044 LANCE HOENIG Springvale ME 43 M 4504 1:33:48.9 7:10 1:33:55.0

bend over.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

GregM

Cuch, you underestimate L Train.

GregM

And lost in all of this is the most impressive performance of all - a nearly 7 minute (!!!) PR in the half at the Harvest Half for Johnny Cash fan in the group.  I don't want to race him either. 

You're right, Lance.  Here's the man with the big PR, and 3d place in his division.  Nice!  Just goes to show what a little training can do. 

Harvest Half Marathon.  Oct. 21, 2012   Biddeford, ME
                              ===================================================================================
                              Place Div/Tot  Div   Guntime Nettime  Pace  Name                   Ag S Race# Team                                     
                              ===== ======== ===== ======= =======  ===== ====================== == = ===== ======================================== 

13   3/10   M4549 1:33:37 1:33:36   7:09 Doug Beaulieu          48 M    22

(Okay, maybe it was more than just a little.)

GregM

Yes that its true...I was expecting to see you there on Sunday Greg.

You didn't see me?  I was running bandit.  Couldn't keep up.  I was barely faster than last week's 5k.