Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

L Train

Also hoping to do the 50M.

Home Away From Home

Also hoping to do the 50M.

Great, we will have a good turn out at this race and nice to see a few doing the 50M as well. Awsome and looking forward to it.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Great, we will have a good turn out at this race and nice to see a few doing the 50M as well. Awsome and looking forward to it.

Maybe I will go, camp out and drink beer.

What was I chasing again?

+1.  I think we should keep count of how much beer we drink during the time of the race and then post our results.  We can also make pre race predictions of what our final tallies will be and then give away the Magic 40oz award.

Home Away From Home

Maybe I will go, camp out and drink beer.

And then be jealous you didn't step up and run instead of camping and drinking beer.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Ha I got a transfer bib for the MWC! Oh shit, this means I'm running the MWC...

Heh. Actually I'm pretty happy about it.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

GregM

Awesome.  Congratulations, Greg!  You can now keep Eric company.  If he can keep up with you, that is.  (I'm referring to the first few miles.  After that, I suspect you'll be out of sight.)

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Ehhh I expect he'll give me a pretty good run for my money.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

gadman

Pressure on the youngster again! What out  for the hamstrings at the MMC. Seems like several of us had issues there in the past with the cold weather and going to hard. Dad

GregM

Good advice, Tom.  I pulled my hammy at 9.7 miles in the MWC and made the mistake of trying to finish.  I'm pretty sure this resulted from over stretching before the race, and having too much salt (smoked salmon) for breakfast.

Here is the solution:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/circlenorth/forum/3db2715859184f3ab3029a6a43137c1b/resume#focus

You can also locate this by scrolling down in our forum topics for "injury prevention exercises".  Thanks to Dave for activating the links.

Let me know if you have difficulty with the links.  i can email the videos.  Each is about 1-2 minutes.  Three all together.

Nice Marathon Run @ Houston by Jim Today!!!  & Tom did half as much work but also had a great result this weekend.

GregM

Nice Marathon Run @ Houston by Jim Today!!!  & Tom did half as much work but also had a great result this weekend.

Where are these results online?

gadman

racewire.com southern cal. half marathon and 5k

As far as Jim's run at the Houston Marathon, other people I know that ran it said the wind was harsh and the course was slick in places, not to mention lots of standing water.  So add that on to his effort, while Tom was likely distracted by (well no need for details there...).

L Train

(well no need for details there...).