Circle North

Baystate (Read 336 times)

L Train

All you cool kids can have your silly little marathons in beautiful places like Sugarloaf and Vermont.  Me, I'm opting for beautiful Lowell, Massachusetts, USA.  This despite the fact that in the last four weeks I've apparently forgotten how to run. 

Anyone care to join me?  If so, I've read that registration may close by June. 

gadman

Hi Lance, Even though my calfs and quads are still sore I am thinking about Baystate.  I got the pretty marathon out of the way now it's time to get down to business.Since I turn 55 in July i believe I need 3:45 to Q for Boston. I need to cut 3:16 minutes off of Sugarloaf. Rick R. informed me that it is a different course an kinda burst my bubble. Anyway I need to decide soon as it is filling up.
        Okay, I made it official. I'm in.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

looks like you have another match race in your future barbaro! lol you better get on the stick!

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

looks like you have another match race in your future barbaro! lol you better get on the stick!

Hopefully I have 2.

L Train

Rick R. informed me that it is a different course an kinda burst my bubble.  

I believe Baystate is #1 Boston Qualifier.  Rolling small hills on a double loop course.  I'm sure with 5 mor months of training and your first one under your belt you can cut the 3 minutes.  Heck, I have to cut 24+.

gadman

I guess that's the avantage of getting old.
                L Train

You need to start logging here and make it public so I can stalk you like I do everyone else. 

How else will I know where these fast times are coming from?

3 months to go.

L Train

3 months to go.

Lots of work to do still.  Given everything I'm feeling OK with where I am relative to where I wanted to be.  I think. 

L Train

So we've got Treadmill Runner, Drago, fast Jim and the Slogger (am I missing anyone?).  And from the Swamp there must be like 25 entrants, and now an epic matchup of mikey and Thunder.  Anyone else wants in they'd better register by tomorrow to get in.   This will be a great day.

My salty dogs

So we've got Treadmill Runner, Drago, fast Jim and the Slogger (am I missing anyone?).  And from the Swamp there must be like 25 entrants, and now an epic matchup of mikey and Thunder.  Anyone else wants in they'd better register by tomorrow to get in.   This will be a great day.

Very temped and disappointed to not be there-- NYC is too close.

I am considering the 1/2 but still maybe too close.

Enjoy the weekend.... I was hoping to connect.  20 with the group Sunday sound great-- I need to start preparing for NYC.

A few days late with this, but...

2 months to go.

2 months to go.........

till i fall off the wagon.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

One month from right this very minute to go.