Circle North

Age Graded Calculator (Read 14 times)

"Beep, Beep!"

http://www.runnersworld.com/tools/age-grade-calculator

What your Age Graded Marathon Time? Use the link above...

I did mine for last years Boston's finish of 3:33:45 which equates to 2:53... really!

Your age-graded score is the ratio of the approximate world-record time for your age and gender divided by your actual time. To score 100% as a 61-year-old man, you would need a time of 2:31:41.

Your age-graded time is your finish time adjusted to that of an open division participant using a factor for age and gender. Thus, the times for women and older participants are adjusted downward, while the times for most open division participants (such as 25-year-old men) remain the same.

This calculator uses the new 2015 WMA tables published by Alan Jones. For more information on why the tables were updated (and how the updates affected age-graded times), see this article.

In October 2015, a new method for age-grading marathons was proposed by Paul Vanderburgh. It uses a polynomial curve—instead of a manually fitted curve—to generate the factors used in the calculations. Using this Vanderburgh’s method, your age-graded time would be 2:49:25.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Absolutely.  I have firmly believed you are the best runner in our group for the past several years when factoring in the years.  That being said, I'm glad I'm not your age! 

http://www.runnersworld.com/tools/age-grade-calculator

What your Age Graded Marathon Time? Use the link above...

I did mine for last years Boston's finish of 3:33:45 which equates to 2:53... really!

What was I chasing again?

Did you see:

Place

Name

WR

WRadj

Ed Whitlock

2:54:48

2:00:19

Ed Whitlock

2:58:40

2:01:28