Circle North

Half at the Hamptons 2015 (Read 17 times)

Here is the latest

NEW Potential Snow Date:   Sunday – March 15th

Due to the huge amount of snow in February, the roads in Hampton are very narrow with high snow banks.  This presents a serious safety issue for you the runners, the volunteers at water stops, the race marshals and the Police.   By Wednesday we will be announcing the decision whether of not to re-schedule the race to Sunday, March 15th.   The final decision will be based on the long term forecast for – you got it – more snow.  We will email all registered runners on Wednesday.

Group run from Beaulah's Feb 22nd.

This will not make me very happy, as I've already lost out on registration fees from 2 years ago.  This rescheduled date is the week before Shamrock.  No-can-do.

Here is the latest

NEW Potential Snow Date:   Sunday – March 15th

Due to the huge amount of snow in February, the roads in Hampton are very narrow with high snow banks.  This presents a serious safety issue for you the runners, the volunteers at water stops, the race marshals and the Police.   By Wednesday we will be announcing the decision whether of not to re-schedule the race to Sunday, March 15th.   The final decision will be based on the long term forecast for – you got it – more snow.  We will email all registered runners on Wednesday.

hampton is a crap shoot anyways. at best a tempo...just like MWC. real racing don't start and/or happen till snow/ice is gone. if they change the date, then fun run it and have a shamrock send off. be happy ur running.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

It's my favorite race.

Race Postponement Date: (Now March 15th)

2015 Race Postponement Date:

Due to the unusually high amount of snow, many of the streets the race uses are very narrow with now shoulder. Additionally snow banks for residents on these streets are 5- 10 feet high.  And intersecting streets are equally snow bound..   Due to this unusual amount of snow in a short period of time, the race will be postponed.   The safety of all our runners, and the volunteers standing out in the streets, the water stop volunteers and the police would all be put at a great risk by conducting the event on either Saturday Feb 21 or Sunday Feb  22nd.

Please join us for the rescheduled date of Sunday, March 15th.

Fro

grrrr - not good... oh well, it was a wise move. Not sure I'm running it to be honest.

Fro

Not sure they will let me, but anyone wanna run this - maybe I could transfer my registration.

now that it is official, i'll say sorry guys. i know u worked hard leading up...but really, the conditions may have probably done more harm than good for you. think of it as a blessing u shamrocks and as for the others, now u have a little more time to get some more quality work in where u may not have been able to.

ACrosby

Are you trying to say I have been slackin' off?  I am actually happy about the postponement, a good chance to get a some more outside running in, TM just isn't the same thing.

now that it is official, i'll say sorry guys. i know u worked hard leading up...but really, the conditions may have probably done more harm than good for you. think of it as a blessing u shamrocks and as for the others, now u have a little more time to get some more quality work in where u may not have been able to.

Fro

Yeah AC, we all know you're a serious slacker.

That sucks for you guys, but for me March 15'th actually fits my plan much better. I probably wasn't going to run it but now I probably will. I just looked and registration is still open, but if one of you who know for sure that you're out want to see about transferring or whatever if it's mutually beneficial in some way, let me know. I'll hold off registering for a couple days.

MTA: Doug does this mean that you're herding cats two weeks in a row?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

They emailed me back three times to respond to my complaints. The statement is: "as our normal policy states, there are no refunds, transfers, or deferrals". They're offering no options at all. No transfers, no reduced fees for upcoming races, no sell-back if they sell out, nothing.

I'm going on the record here:  I will never register for this race again.

You can run in my name if you want.

you hher's that are getting the shaft should hold a mock race at beaulah's if he is doing that group run instead. do it from the y if not and run the sept stampede course 4 + times and use the y as an aid station. i will be willing to make ur prizes. how deep they go m/f will depend on participation. just go bare bones like u guys did on the sanford 10 miler thing this summer. or do whatever works. i won't be here and it's not much but all i can do to turn the frown upside down.

just a thought my queerass brain thought.

MTA: Doug does this mean that you're herding cats two weeks in a row?

I'll be cat herding on the 22nd. Egad and Gwen now have the 3/1 run. Less hills this year but a good route. How many miles are you looking for that day?