Circle North

Vermont City Marathon (Read 371 times)

I know a lot of CN is signed up for Boston this year  , but also heard that there might be a group going to Vermont City Marathon. I'm signed up for Vermont, so hoping there will be a few other friendly faces.

Who else is thinking about Vermont?

"Beep, Beep!"

Hi Kristin... We talked about it on Sunday a week ago at Dick's house. Sounded like severalo were interested... Dick, Rick, Laurie, Greg McCullough, Dave Theoharides (me). Greg Cremer, Lance to name a few. Should be a great time. I take it you can sign up now?

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Wow - that's a big group! Yes, you can sign up now, I signed up a few weeks ago. I like it's in my head now, it's a good incentive for the winter. Glad to hear CN will be there too,  I'll see you at some winter longs runs.  Kristen

I'm teetering. I've gone from "I'm definitely NOT doing a spring marathon" to "Hmmm, welllll maybe" and now to "Yeah, probably, but which one?". I've been considering Sugarloaf, but Vermont Cities does sound pretty good too upon further reading.

More waffling to follow, followed by a definite decision soon. Maybe.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

My salty dogs

Quick opinion on both Vermont City and Sugarloaf Marathons. Greg asked which is faster:  faster is relative--- I believe Sugarloaf is (can be) much faster but it is only 4 weeks out from Boston.  Vermont ( 5 weeks after Boston) can be fast---- lots of other runners doing the relay-- in fact you may be tempted to go out too fast do to the "in town" circuit with all the other 1st leg relay runners.  The ending at Vermont-- the last several miles being on a paved bike path, could also help with your speed.

That said-- I'm out of town the last week in May and will likely be going to Sugarloaf the week before.

Salty

Well, I've now firmly decided, ummmm,  to decide. This much I know. I am in fact running a spring marathon. It will in fact be either Sugarloaf or Vermont City. I will in fact make my final decision by 5:00 p.m. Dec. 22'nd, probably as I'm pulling into the parking lot at the Y for the group run. There, it's out in the world now. The pressure's on, arbitrary though it may be.

L Train

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

I will choose a path that's clear... I will choose... Vermont City. It's official, as I just paid the entry fee.

(now i'm having that "oh good god what have i just done???" feeling, but it'll pass.)

"Beep, Beep!"

I signed up for Vermont tonight! EEEEGADS! Something to work for!

Who's next?

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Three months to go.

Two months to go.

In an email received today from VCM organizers...

If your friends are waivering on signing up for the full marathon, convince them to register now, we have fewer than 100 spots left. After May 1 the registration fee will go from $85 to $100.

One month to go.

"Beep, Beep!"

McCullough signed up today.

As of Wednesday, May 5th registration for the KeyBank Vermont City Marathon is CLOSED.  We have reached capacity and are unable to register any additional participants.