Circle North

How steep is the learning curve (Read 9 times)

For snowshoes? I've never been on them. If I got a pair and headed out with one of you (assuming, for this hypothetical scenario, equal fitness) would I be able to keep up? I know that there are different kinds of snowshoes (though I know nothing about them) so we're also assuming here that I'm on the same kind as the person I'm with.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

No learning curve.  If you can walk you can snowshoe. In fact I would probably have trouble keeping up with you. I've seen your walking pace.

I don't have special running snowshoes. Just hikers.

We also have an extra pair if you want to try it out first.

L Train

Agreed, I'm just out there walking around.   Mine yesterday on the powerlines was fun, it's not really aerobic and I'm obviously not too concerned with pace.  It's just another thing to do, it's time on feet, and I sort of imagine it's good for my little stabilizer type muscles.  It's pretty much like hiking in the winter.  I would think it would be great if one were inclined to try to maintain ultra fitness, because you could literally do it all day if you wanted.

Also, you can try mine anytime, but obviously I can't go with you then.

Saturday morning perhaps?

MTA: I should be more clear here. I'm suggesting that I borrow Doug's extra snowshoes and meet Doug, Lance, and whoever else is interested for an hour or so of snowshoeing on the powerlines or the rr trail or wherever. I'd just have to be done by 11 or so.

L Train

Pretty sure I can do this, I  doubt we are going skiing.  This ice and then rain today might make the snow rather lame, but I'd say I'm in.

Yes I’m in as long as conditions are right. Meaning we have some kind of snow.

Can this many people.....forget it.  I'd rather not know.

Saturday morning perhaps?

Doug, Lance, and whoever else is interested for an hour or so of snoodling

Pretty sure I can do this, I  doubt we are going skiing.  This ice and then rain today might make the snow rather lame, but I'd say I'm in.

I keep getting this same feedback that the snow on Saturday is going to suck. Would it make more sense to postpone this until it snows some more?

L Train

Probably.  I think we'd just be walking on a sheet of ice.

Howsabout we replace it with a nice easy 6 around town then? Say 9 am?

Howsabout we replace it with a nice easy 6 around town then? Say 9 am?

Sounds good. I may wear snowshoes for this.

L Train

If I come I'll need to bring some sort of motor driven something to make it 6 miles.

If I come I'll need to bring some sort of motor driven something to make it 6 miles.

So, we won't run from or anywhere near your house then. Check. Y. 9. Be there.