Circle North

Runner Interrupted (Read 309 times)

My salty dogs

Well..... It's official-- I'm headed to Dallas!   Texas Instruments offered me a position in their educational department.  

Details--- likely leave the end of September and they made me an offer just too good to pass up. 

Oh-- but I'll be back for Boston-- this won't be the year to miss for sure.

Jamie and Paisley will stay a while. You can expect a party in a few weekends.

I'll see some of you for the Sunday run and/or on Tuesday.  

Dave

Congrats Dave! Must be a sweet gig to lure you to the land of armadillos and Cowboys fans. Do they even allow Prius'es (Priusi?) in Texas?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

My salty dogs

Well the Super Bowl is in Dallas this year-- maybe the Patriots will be in town!

I just can't have my Obama sticker on the Prius.

It is a sweet gig-- no one to supervise, mostly "thinking" , lots of IT conferences, working with other school departments, travel to Europe, and they went about my expectations for compensation.

To top it all off-- my boss is a runner!!!  So instead of thinking I'm crazy- I'll have him to run with on trips. 

"Beep, Beep!"

Hey Congrats to you Dave... sounds like a "sweet" job... Do they have a TI Corporate Running Team?

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

My salty dogs

Hey Congrats to you Dave... sounds like a "sweet" job... Do they have a TI Corporate Running Team?

Thanks I'm really psyched to be out of the supervision game.  Well my boss runs so that's a plus.  I will be asking the "team" questions asap.

I have found that they are developing a running watch.  Maybe I can get a free one.

My salty dogs

Departure date for Dallas is Sept 18th. 

I would like to have the Tuesday run from my house on 14th with food and drinks afterwards.  All are welcome-- families that is.

Sounds good to me.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

In.

"Beep, Beep!"

IN

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

My salty dogs

TI has a corporate marathon team-- and the national champ. corp marathon is in at this year's Phoenix RnR marathon this January!!

So while no NYC this year-- I am pretty sure I'll be in Phoenix this January as i had already planned.

dave are you plannin on runnin that tuesday? looks like i'm goin to miss the shing ding but i at least wanted to swing by and say bye.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

looks like i'll have 30:00.......... aaaaaagh!

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

My salty dogs

Trail run was awesome.  Glad no one hurt themselves.  I wouldn't feel good about that.

Thanks to everyone for showing up.  It won't matter if 200 show up for a group run in Dallas-- the 15 that won't be there will be missed.

My next group run with you will likely be in Boston!!!!!

My salty dogs

Well how all'ya'll do'in? I had a rough start out here due to allergies. I think I'm on track now and I have a few runs under my legs and hope to extend the distance this weekend. Work is amazing and everything I had hoped. Paisley joined me this past Sunday and Jamie has another month in Maine. I miss the group but I'm being motivated and inspired by everyone's progress. Cheers, Salty
                              L Train

Hey, that's good to hear, especially re: the job and family coming down.  Allergies, huh?  Like Phoenix?  Have you found something to control them?

Had a little group run in the rain on Tuesday.  Thought of you because of course anyone can do it in ideal conditions.