Circle North

Group Run to Federal Jacks March 11th 2018 (Read 12 times)

As discussed elsewhere, here's the idea...

What/Where: A group run, starting from the Y, ending at Federal Jacks, where we'll have lunch and beverages. See map below.

When: March 18th 9 am. March 11th 9 am

Who: You, and your significant other who would be willing to drive there, join us for lunch/beverages, and provide transport home.

Why: Because we like you.

The route is about 19.3 miles, really nice, almost all just slightly downhill. TD mentioned that he might provide an alternate starting point at his house for those wanting to do a little less distance.

Route :

https://www.runningahead.com/logs/b47d9c625dfc48fc932f3ead7dcf413b/courses/39414fa86ef440d9aeecf0723631ef4c

None of this is set in stone yet until interest is gauged. So, who'd be in?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

"Beep, Beep!"

UGH. Out of town that weekend.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

UGH. Out of town that weekend.

The date is also up for discussion. Full disclosure, since I was the one picking, I picked a date three weeks before the Cheap Marathon because it works best for me. Doesn't necessarily have to be that date, though, if there's a consensus date that works better for people.

How do people feel about March 11th for this?

In

Fro

Im in!

OK then, this is happening. March 11th, departing from the Y at 9 am, running to Federal Jacks. Lunch/beverages to follow.

We'll need at least a few willing drivers to come have lunch with us. I'm loosely calculating that runners would arrive at Federal Jacks slightly before noon. Kim is in, so we can transport 2 humans back to Sanford. Who else can make it?

I'll post this on FB, too.

Humans running

Me

Doug

Fro

TD

Humans driving

Kim

"Beep, Beep!"

IN... May run from here and meet you on the way. No 20's for this boy.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

IN... May run from here and meet you on the way. No 20's for this boy.

Excellent. C'mon, it's only 19.3, not 20. Totally different. Will Jane be attending?

GregM

Just seeing this. I will be returning from a week away on 3/11, so I won't be able to make this. Last weekend in February would work, but not 3/4, as I will be traveling on that day as well.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

One month(ish) reminder. This is coming.

Getting closer. Still planning to do this.

I'm interested but a TBD until I know Connor's AAU schedule.  I likely won't know until the Weds or Thurs before.  If I go, I would volunteer to drive if I can figure out a way to get my car to KBP.

Getting closer. Still planning to do this.

Still on. Plans are being made for bag/human transport, etc. Kim is driving and I'm told Jim is driving, and Vangie is driving Gwen's vehicle which holds 6 or 7ish people. I haven't worked out where I'm planting the water yet, but there will be at least one water stop, maybe two. More details soon.

Fro

Any idea on time? Still on the fence for this one (might need to do loops) - not sure my leg is up for it yet.... Hoping.