Circle North

Group runs (Read 975 times)

I'm wondering why the equivalent paces get slower from 1% to 2%, but then faster with each subsequent increase in percentage. Then again, I'm no smartypants.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

As the smarty pants, I'll tell you, cut and past error.

Dave posted this same chart 2 years ago.

See http://www.hillrunner.com/training/tmillchart.php

What was I chasing again?

MacJim

As the smarty pants, I'll tell you, cut and past error.

Dave posted this same chart 2 years ago.

See http://www.hillrunner.com/training/tmillchart.php

Definitely a cut and paste error. Move the percentages over 2 squares to the right and it is accurate.

GregM

When I try to run 6 min or faster it feels dangerous and I might be the loser that falls and hits the back wall. 

This is part of the excitement of treadmill running.  One wrong move and you can end up wiping the floor.  Increase the speed, and the excitement increases.  This can be a useful distraction from what might otherwise seem exhausting or boring.  Adjust the speed for interval training, and you'll never get bored on a treadmill.  Use the headphones, and you won't get bored even if you don't change the speed much.  Do both (intervals and headphones) and you can't afford to get bored; lose your focus and, again, you'll wind up on the floor.  I have found, over time, that the body gets used to the subtleties of treadmill running, including balance, and I think this helps while road racing.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

L Train

I was already waffling about tonight (what's the matter with me?!?!) but Diane has been slammed by the flu.  She hasn't gotten out of bed for two days.  I debated leaving the kids to their own devices, but then I came to my senses. 

On a related note, this may help explain my weird lack of energy I've had the last few days, at least that's the excuse I'm going with. 

Finally, who's going to take one for the team and show up next Tuesday night so we can keep our slogan alive of never having a Tuesday where at least two people aren't there?  I floated this idea past Diane in her flu-addled state to see if it could get by but it did not. 

So, I'm a maybe for next Tuesday if I can sneak away from the family function for 3 miles.  Heh.

Finally, who's going to take one for the team and show up next Tuesday night so we can keep our slogan alive of never having a Tuesday where at least two people aren't there?  I floated this idea past Diane in her flu-addled state to see if it could get by but it did not. 

So, I'm a maybe for next Tuesday if I can sneak away from the family function for 3 miles.  Heh.

I'm also a maybe for next week, depending on as yet unset-in-stone travel plans. If I'm back, I'll be there. It is, after all, a Tuesday.

MTA: Moot point now. I was a group of one tonight.

L Train

MTA: Moot point now. I was a group of one tonight.

Whoa, seriously?  Damn. 

So I guess we no longer need two folks on Christmas to keep the streak alive then and to think I was going to risk my life running it by the wife in part of a rambling statement sandwiched in between other things I know she doesn't care about like how the Patriots played last weekend and the Red Sox's off season moves.

What was I chasing again?

Easy 10 miler this morning ?

Couldn't post this earlier because the site was down, so now it's even more last-minute and lame, but just in case somebody might see this and not check their email or whatever...

Kim and I will be at the Publick House at 5 p.m. today for food and beverages. You're all invited to join us. That's like a whole half an hour from now, so plenty of time to rearrange your whole day.

Home Away From Home

Count me in, Not

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Okay, one of you needs to step up and be the idiot tomorrow. It won't be me, as I plan to be full to nearly the point of vomiting and on my way to Saco to see the Hobbit.

Merry Christmas!

taking off from Springvale around 9:30 if anyone wants to join me, headed around town.

taking off from Springvale around 9:30 if anyone wants to join me, headed around town.

I think I would vomit if I had to see the hobbit.